Alpe D'Huez all time list

DeadCalm
DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
edited September 2012 in Pro race
http://www.fillarifoorumi.fi/forum/show ... ost1908053

A bit of a joke really. Is Moncoutie the fastest time 'paniagua'?

Comments

• skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Yeah, I read this elsewhere. What I didn't know is that he set the 41st fastest time: there are 40 faster times by about 30 riders (apparently) not sticking to a bread & water diet.
  • Could it not wait a few weeks until the end of the season? By then the actual cycling will be over and you can stick the boot/knife in as much as you feel will make Santa think you've been a good boy/girl (both on weekends) ...
  • Doesn't Sastre usually get benefit of the doubt?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Interesting. Evans faster than Contador...

A lot of the variance will depend on how the race panned out and the conditions on the day. I've ranged from sub-hour to 1:15 depending on how much I've done beforehand. The latter was on a stupidly hot marmotte day.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Interesting. Evans faster than Contador...

A lot of the variance will depend on how the race panned out and the conditions on the day. I've ranged from sub-hour to 1:15 depending on how much I've done beforehand. The latter was on a stupidly hot marmotte day.

Same here. Fastest ever 53 minutes, dropping to 1:30 at the end of La Marmotte!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Doesn't Sastre usually get benefit of the doubt?

GT team leader for a Riis team?

:|
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

"I no need understand the computer Bjarne. The computer need understand me eh?"

Classic :mrgreen:
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243

I'd always been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt but looking at that list, it's hard not to be sceptical.

Is there scope for optimism in the fact that nobody broke 40 minutes in the 2008, 2010 or 2011 editions, I wonder?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    I think I will have a go at breaking Pantani's time, on my 600CC motorbike !
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • If I took a bucket load of EPO and started from the very bottom, could i get up in three quarters of an hour?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    No.
  • Would I need a face load? Or what Il Pirata took?
  • 80. Bert Grabsch ________ GER | 44:07 | 2004

Seriously!!!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    If I took a bucket load of EPO and started from the very bottom, could i get up in three quarters of an hour?

I reckon I could! Managed 58 minutes on a recce the evening before the Marmotte, sans EPO and without pushing myself too hard. I reckon if I pushed my haematocrit up to Riis levels and got myself in tip top shape I could do 45 minutes!

(not after I'd already ridden 200km+ at race pace though, so the pros don't need to start worrying just yet...)
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    keef_zip wrote:
    80. Bert Grabsch ________ GER | 44:07 | 2004

Seriously!!!

2004 was just a time trial though don't forget.
  • phreak wrote:
    keef_zip wrote:
    80. Bert Grabsch ________ GER | 44:07 | 2004

Seriously!!!

2004 was just a time trial though don't forget.

Whether it was a time trial or not doesn't change whether they're climbers or not. Very suspiscious indeed!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766

Wasn't that at the end of quite a short stage, 140 K'ish ??? Could explain a quick time without too merde sticking....
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    pat1cp wrote:

Wasn't that at the end of quite a short stage, 140 K'ish ??? Could explain a quick time without too merde sticking....

Wrong.... That was two years later. When Sastre set his fastest time he finished the stage 9th and lost 1.35" to F.Schleck.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    pat1cp wrote:
    Wrong.... That was two years later. When Sastre set his fastest time he finished the stage 9th and lost 1.35" to F.Schleck.
    He didn't lose that to Schleck. Schleck won the stage from a breakaway.
    Twitter: @RichN95