Another Newbie

LuckyS50
LuckyS50 Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Evening all,

Just thought I would say hello. Completely new to the whole Road Bike scene, but picked up a Scott speedster S50 last week and am absolutely loving it. Couldn't believe what a minefield it was buying an 'entry' bike, but in the end just went with what felt comfortable. Looking forward to learning lots here and probably spending to much money!!!

Steve

Comments

• Wilkommen

Its funny but no matter how much you spend on anew bike you'll always find a reason to spend that little bit more - i take it's with Sora - couldnt knock it enjoy it before the chills arrive. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    Yes. S50. Nice choice.

Resist the urge to obsessively upgrade it (harder than it sounds) and just ride it. :D
  • I know. I set out to spend around £350. Ended up spending virtually double. And now, only a few days in, I am learning about 'upgrades'. This was the whole reason I moved form cars to bikes, to stop 'tinkering'. Doesn't look like that will happen. Oh, the wife will be chuffed :lol: Oh, and yes, Shimano Sora. Pleased so far. They seem nice and smooth.
  • Enjoy the bike! Don't let folk get you down about Sora either as you will read a lot of disparaging comments about it. Shock, horror - it changes gear efficiently! The thumb shifters aren't great but most people ride on the hoods most of the time so it's not a big deal. 9sp is enough gears generally speaking in my limited experience although it makes swapping components a bit limited I am led to believe (only other 9sp speed bits will do).

Ride and enjoy!