Basingstoke Ride Outs.

Hi,

If anyone in the Basingstoke area is going for a ride and doesn't mind some company, post here and your planned ride distance, speed expectations and maybe a few of the locals can get together? Cheers.

:D:D
My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.

Comments

• Hello,
    This is now bookmarked and I will keep an eye on it. I work shift work and most of my rides are during the week where now I endeavor to do longer rides of 20 miles ish, On Friday I am going out passing memorial pk, under the M3 through Cliddesdon and farley Wallop to Axford turning right to Dummer. Under the M3 to North Walthom to East Oakley and back in down Pack Lane. Start and end at the Rail Station. I have not done the actual route before but its an explore for me.
    I have the route saved as a TCX file from bikehike.

Take a look at Strava if my pace is ok (about 12-13mph) come along.

Darren
    Don't call me sir I work for a living
  • Hello,
    This is now bookmarked and I will keep an eye on it. I work shift work and most of my rides are during the week where now I endeavor to do longer rides of 20 miles ish, On Friday I am going out passing memorial pk, under the M3 through Cliddesdon and farley Wallop to Axford turning right to Dummer. Under the M3 to North Walthom to East Oakley and back in down Pack Lane. Start and end at the Rail Station. I have not done the actual route before but its an explore for me.
    I have the route saved as a TCX file from bikehike.

Take a look at Strava if my pace is ok (about 12-13mph) come along.

Darren

Excellent, i'll let you know next time we are out, But am struggling for Friday. Had a look at your Strava, looks about the same pace as us!
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • "Excellent, I'll let you know next time we are out, But am struggling for Friday. Had a look at your Strava, looks about the same pace as us!"

Please do mate. With a little notice I maybe able to sort out some time depending on shifts ect..

I went out yesterday for a nice easy ride and ended up pushing myself again when I climbed Farleigh Wallop, got to the top and there was a female driver at a junction who waited for me to sluggishly pass her I had a look of an asthmatic sloth carrying heavy shopping. She was chuckling at my best effort. 8)
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I went out yesterday for a nice easy ride and ended up pushing myself again when I climbed Farleigh Wallop, got to the top and there was a female driver at a junction who waited for me to sluggishly pass her I had a look of an asthmatic sloth carrying heavy shopping. She was chuckling at my best effort. 8)

A bit of a head wind going up Farleigh Wallop wasn't there. I went that way today... then down to Axford and the start of the road home.... Herriard - Upton Grey - Odiham - Camberley.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Did the opposite way round and had a good ride some lovely countryside out there.

http://app.strava.com/rides/22675839
  • Did the opposite way round and had a good ride some lovely countryside out there.

I think I saw you actually, on Kempshott lane heading up towards the pack lane traffic lights at about 13.00, doing a bit of cheeky pavement hopping to beat the traffic? Was out to grab some lunch, looked a beautiful day to be out.

I think I saw you actually, on Kempshott lane heading up towards the pack lane traffic lights at about 13.00, doing a bit of cheeky pavement hopping to beat the traffic? Was out to grab some lunch, looked a beautiful day to be out.

If I was in a black and red Altura jersey and shorts on a black and yellow TDF then Yes it was I. Then onto Pack lane and out of town. It was a nice day for a ride not to cold but enough to stop me baking. I did have me sleeves on though.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Kak interysnat

Sometimes ride over up towards that way. Look up Symo MDCC Nomad on Strava.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Hello,
    I'm planning a decent ride out Saturday Morning, fairly early (0800) hoping to be fit for a good 25miles or further heading out towards Mitcheldever
  • I'm going on a ride on Monday hoping to be fit for a good 25 miles or so.
  • This is a failed topic, I see plenty of riders out there and all on their own. I'll say hi as we pass by. Yellow and black Carrera TDF and usually black and red helmet and jersey.