Newbie from the North

Scotty-Gee
Scotty-Gee Posts: 156
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Evening All.

Like so many I have been bitten by the cycling bug this summer.

I was previously a MTBer and BMX rider who then discovered cars, work and ran out of time buying a house etc- an all to common story I imagine.

This year I decided to get back into it and purchased a cheap Halfords job to get me back on the road- I loved it but being a bit compulsive I decided it needed upgraded so a few weeks ago I took delivery of my new Canyon Ultimate AL 9 with Di2 and have been blown away with its performance difference. I am taking minutes off 10m TT rides without trying.

Long winter in the North East of Scotland now on the Turbo with the original purchase and maybe a few group rides with the local cycling club- Ythan Cycles which I must join.

Exciting times ahead......

Comments

• Hey scotty, be careful, it can be an expensive bug indeed but a dam enjoyable one. Where you from in Aberdeen, I'm Undy direction with family in Ellon. Been out with ythan club once before, really nice group of people with some seriously fast riders. Let me know if you every fancy a run out sometime, always happy to go out.
  • I understand the expense- my Wiggle wish list is sizeable.

I've from Balmedie, however originally from Ellon and in the process of building a house just North of the village again.
  • Know where you are. If it helps I seem to have a permanent chain reaction wish list. Te trick for me is sneaking the purchases into the house. Good luck with the house build, it's nice north of Ellon. If you see a guy looking like death on a white focus feel free to tow me.