Tour of Cyprus 2013

Hi all
Anyone done the Tour of Cyprus before? Looks good, it would be good to hear some thoughts and experiences etc...
Cheers
Wilier Triestina
Merida Matts 1500 lite

Comments

• Sorry it's a bit late but yes I did it last year (I was living in Cyprus at the time) and it was very very enjoyable. Last year the three stages went Nicosia - Larnaca Larnaca - Limissol and the last day Limiassol to Kouklia (near Pahos). All three days following a pretty meandering route with some big climbs particularly on day 2. Organisation and support was superb. The whole route was marked for instance with arrows painted on the road. I'm not sure if it's finalised yet but chatting after the event to the organiser he sort of indicated next years event would be based on Limassol with the rides heading out into the hills from there. Makes a lot of sense as packing your kit and dumping it in reception each morning/retrieving it after the days ride is a bit of a pain. Also a lot more wife/partner friendly. Also means he could get better rates from whichever hotel they settle on. Strangely enough only today I told my daughter I would probably do it again next year and she decided she wanted to go so that probably means I'll have to now :)
  • Hi
    Welcome to the forum of late replies :)
    Thats the impression we got from looking at it, friendly group rather than all out racing. So the mrs will even give it a go! I think 2013 will be on hold for now to save a little cash, but on the cards for the future...
    Wilier Triestina
    Merida Matts 1500 lite
  • Very very friendly and yes you're right totally mixed group, Andy (the organiser) is very keen to improve it for the racers whilst still keeping it a fun sportive for us mere mortals.