Lefty fork for Kona?

ruggerbugger
ruggerbugger Posts: 128
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a 2009 Kona caldera & was wondering if it's possible to fit a lefty fork on my bike? Or do I get a cannondale? Thanks for any info & happy riding :D

Comments

• Doable but depends on what exactly you have and the amount of effort you are willing to put in.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you will need a 1 1/8 crown assembly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • If it's doable then I'm up for the amount of effort. Wasn't sure if I could fit one onto a Kona. Just need some tips/pointers as to how to go about it & what I would need. Has anyone done it or know someone who has?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Lots of money.

Unless you fall lucky on one already with the crown assy. IIRC £200 just for that ontop of the fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You'd need as nick says ie the lefty that has a 1 1/8th steerer. Then a wheel to fit the axle.

Not worth it in my opinion, very expensive.
  • Thanks for the info, a lot of money which could be put towards a 'Dale with a lefty fork. Thanks for the info & quick response fellas.