good deal??

mr joey
mr joey Posts: 427
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
was thinking of packing up mountain bikeing as only get out once a month due to family,work etc twice if lucky! i have a santacruz heckler 2011 custom build rp23,hope hubs,monkey bars etc and is still in exellent condition anyway my mate came up with this idea as he has wanted a heckler for a while now but basically he wants to swap his santacruz bullit 2005 with hope m4s hope hubs rp23 66s on the front, a few scrapes on the frame+rub from age but still a cracking bike he says he doesnt want me to pack in but have the bike there whenever i do get the chance and also £800 in cash, the bottom line is i could do with the cash and i still have a decent bike and hes putting a new chainset on it this week the way i see it i think its a good deal what do ya think??

Comments

• Sounds like a poor deal to me. The older Bullits are ok but they need the floating brake kit (which rattles like a sack of spanners) it's very heavy. Marzocchi 66's are ok as long as they don't have (self destructing) travel adjust, air preload adjustment or basic rebound only adjustment. The 2008 66's are a bit suicidal as well.
  • mr joey
    its not that bad as he"s had the rp23 put on + im quite a fit lad so weight really isn"t an issue
  • You are defending the deal so if you think its a good deal go for it.

The 2005 Bullitt is a heavily build old school freeride bike - the modern heckler is probably a more capable bike than the old bullitt. I know which I'd rather ride but if you need the money and dont ride the heckler and would like to have some sort of bike then go for it.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • mr joey
    cheers paul like i say he"s spending £100 on a new chainset and his bullit is worth £550 600 at least and £800 cash+ ile have a decent bike so i can keep up with them on the downs and stick with them on the xc so ile go with it :)