Puncture/new inner tube

notnot
notnot Posts: 284
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Punctured a tyre today - someone had left a drawing pin on the road :( I'll need another inner tube for my 700x23 tyre. Any good/bad ones to look out for or - given I'm not exactly a high performance rider anyway - is this one of those things that make sod all difference?

Comments

• baldwin471 wrote:
    Ok if you plan on only getting punctures <3mm wide.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    notnot wrote:
    Punctured a tyre today - someone had left a drawing pin on the road :( I'll need another inner tube for my 700x23 tyre.

Repair it. :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • notnot
    Rolf F wrote:
    notnot wrote:
    Punctured a tyre today - someone had left a drawing pin on the road :( I'll need another inner tube for my 700x23 tyre.

I'm cack-handed and lazy :) For the time it would take me to fix the tube, I'd rather buy a replacement (and I v seldom get punctures, touch wood).
  • rolf_f
    notnot wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    notnot wrote:

I'm cack-handed and lazy :) For the time it would take me to fix the tube, I'd rather buy a replacement (and I v seldom get punctures, touch wood).

What happens that time you are out riding and you puncture both your spare tubes? :wink: It can happen! Learn how - if you are not so cack handed that you can make a cup of tea, then you are not so cack handed that you can't fix a tube (and you can fix the tube whilst the aforementioned cup of tea is stewing!)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    get one...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rema-tip-top-tt ... epair-kit/

even if you just swap the tube on the road, you can still fix the old one at home, if you have the coordination to ride a bike you can easily fix a tube

otherwise, as above, one day you will run out of tubes on the road
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • notnot
    sungod wrote:
    get one...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rema-tip-top-tt ... epair-kit/

even if you just swap the tube on the road, you can still fix the old one at home, if you have the coordination to ride a bike you can easily fix a tube

otherwise, as above, one day you will run out of tubes on the road

OK - ordered one :) Also worth having a 2nd spare tube?
  • rolf_f
    notnot wrote:
    OK - ordered one :) Also worth having a 2nd spare tube?

Yes - hit a patch of hawthorn clippings and you'll easily puncture two tyres. But you aren't allowed back on here until you've mended your puncture and posted a picture as proof! :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    i carry the rema kit and a spare tube

if you know you're riding on roads with high puncture rates or going long distance then more than one could be handy, also depends if there's room for it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny