Guildford tob stage 8

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
That was great fun! Can't believe the speed Cav tanked up the cobbles.

Watched them come round first time and then went to The Boatman for a birthday lunch and then back again for the finish. So many people - atomsphere was fantastic.

Comments

• It was absolutely packed. Amazing. I hadn't got a good view but by the roar of the crowd, I knew who was leading the final sprint and then I saw the rainbow jersey come past. Fantastic stuff. The boy loved it too - rounded off his weekend after winning the final club TT on handicap.
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    We were on staple lane the first cat 3 climb. My family and I had a fantastic time. Really rammed and I too was amazed at the speed the riders passed us. Absolutely fabulous day... Also made in on the tele too (you had to use pause, but I was there) :D Thanks to all the organisers handing out skoda flags, malt loaf and chalk, and the guys from rouleur handing out cow bells! My boys loved them. Also massive thanks to the lad from SWRC who lent me his bike to try the climb - it was harder than I expected! Great day!
  • Yep - was great fun. The cow bell wasn't quite as amusing in the car on the way home or at 7.00 this morning though...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Just seen that Wouter Sybrandy is in intensive care following this crash yesterday. Not good news.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    Oh no! I didn't realise there'd been a crash as haven't watched the coverage yet. That makes my comments re: the cow bell seem very out of place. Best wishes to Wouter.... Get well soon!
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Just seen that Wouter Sybrandy is in intensive care following this crash yesterday. Not good news.
    I haven't watched the "highlights" yet. Where did he fall? When I saw that the route appeared to be going down Whitedown, I did wonder if there could be trouble there - very, very nasty corner (not that it's that pleasant coming up).
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    yeah a good afternoon, i was on Staples Lane too and then down into Guildford for the finish. Managed to get near the podium which was good going as both me and my youngest had our bikes with us too.

Hadn't heard about the rider mentioned above either. Hope he recovers soon.

16-09-2012_02.jpg

16-09-2012_08.jpg

16-09-2012_10.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • My daughter and I rode up to Chiddingfold to watch it stream past, sitting on the village green was nice. Saw another rider from Chichester on the way up and then again on the way back otherwise roads were quiet.
  • Slightly OT but I was at stage 3. Saw the start and finish...

7982012197_40e965ef18.jpg
    IMG_5986 by twostage, on Flickr
    7982016112_e032c8b2a9.jpg
    IMG_5991 by twostage, on Flickr
    7982016392_f22054d5ac.jpg
    IMG_6156 by twostage, on Flickr
  • hope that bit of crumpet washed her dress
  • hope that bit of crumpet washed her dress
    I'm quite pleased with the framing of that picture as I had to hold my camera above my head to take it.
    She's nice isn't she ?
  • Twostage wrote:
    hope that bit of crumpet washed her dress
    I'm quite pleased with the framing of that picture as I had to hold my camera above my head to take it.
    She's nice isn't she ?

she was in Guildford too - wearing the same dress.

she's okay, I guess. I don't normally go for jaw-droppingly beautiful women though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    she's okay, I guess. I don't normally go for jaw-droppingly beautiful women though.
    Is this why?
  • Heh - I saw that the other day.

Lovely looking Yum Yum.
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    We had a great view of the whole finishing straight - perched on the top of the multi-storey car park for a great birds-eye view :)