arm/leg warmers

boh67
boh67 Posts: 71
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
whats better short sleeves and shorts with arm/leg warmers for the winter or long sleeve top and leggins ? :roll:

Comments

• with our winters i reckon you need both arm/leg warmers and some bib longs/thermal jacket.

In the cold cold days I have a bib longs and jacket

In the mildis weather arm and leg warmers are fine

Trouble is with our weather no 2 days are the same so you can hot one day/ cold th enext.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • boh67
    cheers mate
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    ^^this

merely cool - warmers

proper cold - proper winter stuff

unpadded bib tights are good for the real cold, you wear normal padded bibshorts underneath, bibshorts are faster to wash/dry daily, while the tights can go a few rides between washes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • boh67
    Thanks for your help
  • For colder days where you don't need the flexibility of removing the legwarmers, padded shorts with unpadded bibtights over the top give your nether regions much more insulation than shorts and legwarmers. Two layers = warm bollocks.
  • Leg and arm warmers should be fine for many weathers, but I wouldn't look down on you for opting for a warm top. Armwarmers (though not all are designed for cold weather) can keep your arms warm (funny that), but they won't turn a top designed to keep you cool into one that does the opposite. A good windproof top layer (be that a jacket or winter jersey) should do most of the trick.

For reference, I own a very nice long-sleeve jersey but no legwarmers or tights. I wear bibshorts all year round as cold legs don't tend to bother me much.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Bought some arm warmers off Ebay the other day. Sizing a bit questionable as whilst I am no beefcake I dont exactly have the weediest arms - however it turns out that they make excellent leg warmers! worn this weekend and were just the trick!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Calpol wrote:
    Bought some arm warmers off Ebay the other day. Sizing a bit questionable as whilst I am no beefcake I dont exactly have the weediest arms - however it turns out that they make excellent leg warmers! worn this weekend and were just the trick!

Although you do appear to have short legs :D
    Yellow is the new Black.