How to fit a Sportive Number on to Bike?

BlakeysFC
BlakeysFC Posts: 233
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all,

Probably a silly question.

But I'm doing a Sportive tomorrow, and have no idea how to attach the number I've got onto my bike?

I've tried making holes in it with a hole punch, but they appear too small, and far apart. And was then going to fit it onto the Handle bars with Cable-Ties?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Could it not be pinned to the back of your jersey, time trial style, or does it have to be visible from the front?
  • lc1981 wrote:
    Could it not be pinned to the back of your jersey, time trial style, or does it have to be visible from the front?

Never thought of that to be honest :shock: :oops:

Just every photo I've seen of people doing Sportive's they've got their number on the front of their bike on the front of the handlebars, so just assumed it'd need to be here?
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    All the numbers I've ever had have come with holes and cable ties..?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    If the number has holes and comes with cable ties it's meant for your handlebars,bif not safety pins to your back
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Mikey23 wrote:
    If the number has holes and comes with cable ties it's meant for your handlebars,bif not safety pins to your back

Yep.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Nail it to the tyres.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Just put it on the back of my Gilet in the end with a couple of safety clips :)
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    haha, I can just imagine you with a massive number trying to pin it to your bike.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    have no idea how to attach the number I've got onto my bike?

I've tried making holes in it with a hole punch
    I wondered why you were trying to make holes in your bike. Wouldn't that weaken it?

:wink:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I assume you got it sorted?
  • Me-109 wrote:
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    have no idea how to attach the number I've got onto my bike?

I've tried making holes in it with a hole punch
    I wondered why you were trying to make holes in your bike. Wouldn't that weaken it?

:wink:

Haha :lol:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I assume you got it sorted?

Yeh, I was just being a bit ditsy really :lol: