What size Hope hose do I need? (WITH PICS)

a2hgo
a2hgo Posts: 56
edited September 2012 in MTB general
My new forks mean my caliper will no longer reach the mount. I stripped them down then realised after research there are 5 and 6mm versions of the hose.

Can you tell from the shroud and barb which one I'm likely to need(i'm guessing given my luck its the obsolete 6mm :cry: )?

Either way it looks like that my day at Cannock out the window tomorrow.

PICTURES BELOW

Comments

• Additional information required:

Year of brakes
    Model of brakes
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • a2hgo
    Sorry, not sure on year as they came with my bike which I bought off eBay, they are the mini mono, I can provide more pictures if required?
  • a2hgo
    Photo16-09-2012144510.jpg
    Photo16-09-2012144553.jpg
  • Thread on Singletrack ont he topic froma couple of years back - http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-mono-mini-hose-thickness - my M4 has a 6mm braided hose on it and I believe the fittings are the same for the M4 as the Mono Mini - my M4 is from 2006 so maybe similar era to yours too.
  • a2hgo
    Cheers Paul

Yes I've a feeling I need the unobtainable 6mm hose. The braided hose is 6mm as pointed out but they are designed to have the plastic coating trimmed back at the ends and used with the 5mm fittings. Im not sure how safe it is not trimming the end back and using it with the 6mm fittings....

EDIT: Also found this that shows the two different hose sizes and fittings, the bottom is definitely thicker and has the same shroud as mine. Anyone have any 6mm hose lying around?

HopeMonoMini4.jpg
  • I'd contact these guys:

Hope Technology Ltd.
    Hope Mill,
    Calf Hall Road,
    Barnoldswick
    Lancashire,
    United Kingdom
    BB18 5PX
    Sales: +44 (0) 1282 851200
    Technical: +44 (0) 1282 818413
    Fax: +44 (0) 1282 851201
    E-mail: info@hopetech.com

:wink:
  • a2hgo
    Awesome, I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Cheers.