weekend plans?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
im told i have to replace all the guttering on the house this weekend

so all my supplies have just arrived, not really looking forward to it to be honest, especially with all the winds

what you all up too?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Saturday: 50 mile ride. Lunch with Grandma and Great Aunt in Hampshire. Staying at a friends in Winchester.
    Sunday: Wake up - its my birthday!!! Go to Guildford to watch final stage of Tour of Britain with a load of mates and have a few beers.

Nice :D
  • After a mad August (2 racing weekends, 2 in Ireland and one (strictly Sept) in California & Montreal), the rest of September has been very quiet. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to do this weekend.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I will be taking down 4 double fluorescent lights that I put up 3 weeks ago. They've worked intermittently
    since I put them up, lightling randomly when switched on or not at all. Electrical wholesaler is replacing them. Trying 'normal ones' now, the ones I had were high frequency.

I won't be on Tinterweb as I still haven't got any broadband since moving in 4 weeks ago. TalkTalk...OMG, don't even let me start ranting....
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I will be taking down 4 double fluorescent lights that I put up 3 weeks ago. They've worked intermittently
    since I put them up, lightling randomly when switched on or not at all. Electrical wholesaler is replacing them. Trying 'normal ones' now, the ones I had were high frequency.

I won't be on Tinterweb as I still haven't got any broadband since moving in 4 weeks ago. TalkTalk...OMG, don't even let me start ranting....

Did you take them with you when you moved? How you getting on with their call centres BTW?

Its my poorly mums birthday today - so tomorrow the family will be going to hers for a bit of lunch. Sunday is morning ride followed by Football at the in-laws. Then a week off work! Whoop.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Going for a 70 miler with my brother. He's never managed that distance before so it might be a bit trying! I've kept the route as flat as possible, but it'll still be a tad frustrating I reckon.
  • Watching Dredd in 3D and then getting stupidly drunk in Sheffield.

There won't be much bike riding going on this weekend.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I will be taking down 4 double fluorescent lights that I put up 3 weeks ago. They've worked intermittently
    since I put them up, lightling randomly when switched on or not at all.

Would you like us all to come around and help, you know 'cause many hands make light work :idea:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Meeting friends for walking and camping in the Peaks. Probably spend most of our time in the Nag's Head :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Handing over the pedicab to her new owner, ferrying the Mother-In-Law home (yesss! I am fond of her but, well, y'know), doing some work in the jungle that is the garden of the old house and putting a line through Saturday.

Sunday, 9am club run followed by large sandwich and an hour of sleep to stop panting.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Oxford to Cambridge sportive - 88 miles on Sunday. Yay!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Painting my living room a random shade of beige, and trying to create a sourdough starter. Then a week off, so lying in bed, riding my bike, picking up a recently purchased car, and trying to remember how to drive.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    msmancunia wrote:
    Painting my living room a random shade of beige, and trying to create a sourdough starter. Then a week off, so lying in bed, riding my bike, picking up a recently purchased car, and trying to remember how to drive.

Easy. Flour, water, wait, repeat.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    msmancunia wrote:
    Painting my living room a random shade of beige

is it creamy beige?

like baileys?

Old Gregg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Saturday - bike ride with Mrs BBGeek into Portsmouth. Going to my favourite Oriental supermarket to fill the saddlebag with goodies for the cupboard. Then beers on the way home.
    Sunday - going to Guildford to watch ToB. There may be more beer involved, and a curry later.
    Off work on Monday to sleep it off....
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    msmancunia wrote:

Wotcha go for in the end? I presume my suggestions in favour of a series landrover didn't win.....tell me it's something interesting though!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • msmancunia
    SimonAH wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Wotcha go for in the end? I presume my suggestions in favour of a series landrover didn't win.....tell me it's something interesting though!

Ford Focus estate (recommended by Veronese actually) but only by default. My best friend has one as their second car (a t-reg with 80k on the clock!) that they are getting rid of and asked if I wanted it. Fits in big stuff from IKEA and fits up the drive and fits my bike in :) It's only ever been their second car so has been very well looked after too.
    Will do for a year whilst I finish the albatross that is my inherited house and decide what to do then. A landrover would have been very handy this summer up the lanes near me though - we've had so much rain I could almost have done with one of those amphibious vehicle things too. :D
  • msmancunia
    davis wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Yeah but have seen so many recipes for this and I don't know how which one to use. White flour, rye flour? and how much flour and how much water - half and half?
  • Lots of toddler chaos on Saturday when my best mate comes over with his offspring.

Guildford for the ToB on Sunday, with a bit of luck....
    FCN 3 / 4
  • davis
    msmancunia wrote:
    davis wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Yeah but have seen so many recipes for this and I don't know how which one to use. White flour, rye flour? and how much flour and how much water - half and half?

I'm genuinely not that sure it matters. I used one that called for e.g. 75g white flour, 25g rye flour, and 100g water. I switched the rye flour for spelt. Seemed to work, but didn't taste of too much. I'd probably stick with rye next time, but I'd recommend organic 'cos (in my mind, at least) it's more likely to have all the natural organisms on.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Assembling the new bike shed after prepping the area its going to sit on. Then on Sunday, club ride to spectate at the ToB at 4 different points. Over 1,000m climbing for us and a 70+ mile ride for me.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Kids with the grandparents, so catching the train to Winchester and riding along the South Downs Way to Eastbourne. 100 miles offroad with 13,600ft of climbing. Weather forecast is great and I'm looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet. Hoping that 11hrs is enough for the ride and have booked train back from Eastbourne as an incentive.
  • Making beer.

Drinking beer.

Maybe riding my bike...
    Misguided Idealist
  • Gussio wrote:
    Kids with the grandparents, so catching the train to Winchester and riding along the South Downs Way to Eastbourne. 100 miles offroad with 13,600ft of climbing. Weather forecast is great and I'm looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet. Hoping that 11hrs is enough for the ride and have booked train back from Eastbourne as an incentive.
    11 hours! :shock: Good luck with that. I know it can be done, but that's hardly a relaxing day out.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Gussio wrote:

Hey Gussio, Good luck mate.
    It will be seriously impressive if you can do it in 11 hours. It doesn't sound like much, but averaging over 9mph over that terrain for 11 straight hours is a huge effort. It took us closer to 16h last time we rode it (over two days.)
    Take a good light, just in case.
    Ad
  • davis
    Gussio wrote:

Ouch. Sounds tricky. Need a rest halfway? (I'm really not that far from SDW)
  • Gussio
    Yes, 100 miles offroad is harder than it sounds and the steepest bits seem to come in the second half. The plan was to do it over 2 days but a) the missus said no; and b) the bothy at Gumber is closed during September. Fenix LD20 packed with fully charged batteries, nestled against a full pack of fig rolls. Weather forecast is for a slight tailwind. If it goes horribly wrong I can always sleep under a bush...
  • Gussio
    Bush or the davis household :)
  • make him use the outside loo if he's done a whole pack of fig rolls though.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    edited September 2012
    Adskis wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Hey Gussio, Good luck mate.
    It will be seriously impressive if you can do it in 11 hours. It doesn't sound like much, but averaging over 9mph over that terrain for 11 straight hours is a huge effort. It took us closer to 16h last time we rode it (over two days.)
    Take a good light, just in case.
    Ad

yup, took me 14 hours

Me, I'm riding to Eastbourne too on Saturday, but on the road this time. A largish loop to make it about 80 miles there and then get the train back.
    FCN = 4
  • davis
    loo? We just fling it over the fence round here!

Actually not sure what days I'm around yet -- when are you undertaking this arrant lunacy?