Addiscombe CC - Lost World Sportive

KentPuncheur
KentPuncheur Posts: 246
I had entered the Addiscombe CC organised Lost World Sportive which was due to take place this Sunday. However, I heard from a friend who rides with the club, and indeed from Pure Velo (who supplied the entry payment platform for the event) that it has been cancelled. However, there has been no official word from the organisers (presumably the club itself) and it is now only 2 days before the event is due to take place.

The original web page set up for the event has been taken down, but there is no reference to any cancellation on the club's website. I have sent 2 unanswered emails (over the past fortnight) to the club's email addresses, put on their website, asking for official confirmation (and enquiring when refunds will be issued), but I am still yet to hear back. Pure Velo are delegating any responsibility onto the organisers (quite right too I suppose), but the organisers (if they are the club, I'm still not 100% sure on that point) are yet to say/do anything.

This is very frustrating as the event forms part of 20 sportives I am doing this year as part of a charity fundraising challenge, and with this cancellation I have to find an alternative event on another weekend, but until I hear formal word of a cancellation, I am holding back on paying another £25-30 entrance fee until I know I have to (20x entrance fees has meant it has been an expensive year of sportives for me! - note I should probably point out I have paid all entrance fees out of my pocket and not from any fundraising/donations!!).

Has anybody else entered and have they heard any offical word on the cancellation?
2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.