Any Wyndy Milla members

iampaulb
iampaulb Posts: 159
edited October 2012 in Road general
Just looking, as i am considering becoming a member :lol:

Comments

  • iampaulb wrote:
    Just looking, as i am considering becoming a member :lol:

    You chose them over Farnborough and Camberley CC, or you still looking pal?
  • BlakeysFC wrote:
    iampaulb wrote:
    Just looking, as i am considering becoming a member :lol:

    You chose them over Farnborough and Camberley CC, or you still looking pal?

    Still looking, but i have a friend whos already a member. He says theyre awesome, It seems a better club for me per say. They have a good looking shop, they use twitter, facebook, no membership fee (you use have to wear the kit) which is far better than farnboroughs. I have dropped them an email asking some questions. Just seems a cool upto date club. After looking through the website, and facebook they seem a pretty social bunch too. And they support the UK Youth team too...so cant be too bad
  • iampaulb wrote:
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    iampaulb wrote:
    Just looking, as i am considering becoming a member :lol:

    You chose them over Farnborough and Camberley CC, or you still looking pal?

    Still looking, but i have a friend whos already a member. He says theyre awesome, It seems a better club for me per say. They have a good looking shop, they use twitter, facebook, no membership fee (you use have to wear the kit) which is far better than farnboroughs. I have dropped them an email asking some questions. Just seems a cool upto date club. After looking through the website, and facebook they seem a pretty social bunch too. And they support the UK Youth team too...so cant be too bad

    Ahh right cool.

    Yeh they seem to cater for a younger audience than most clubs and their facebook/twitter integration seems very good compared to some other clubs.
  • Yeah seems more 'modern' ad the other services ye bike provide also they use the sports centre for fitness testing which is a benefit too. I'll let you know what they say replying to my email?
  • iampaulb wrote:
    Yeah seems more 'modern' ad the other services ye bike provide also they use the sports centre for fitness testing which is a benefit too. I'll let you know what they say replying to my email?

    Yeh cheers, that'd be great
  • No, but the Tea Rooms next to their shop in Seale sell fantastic cake...
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    The daughter of a guy I know through TT'ing rides for them.
  • i spoke to Henry this morning one of the guys at wyndymilla. I will be joining this club, from what he was telling me and the impression i get from their facebook, twitter etc. Its a fun, social and laid back club with a good split of riders. Also a split of 70/30 male / female so there will be eye candy too :D And all you have to do is wear part of their kit on their rides. Which i think is a small price to pay. From what he was saying, whether he was trying to sell it to me or not. That Farnborough & Camberley is pretty old skool, and compared it to a private golf club more than anything LOL! And being an old member of a private golf club, its not something i really want to experience again.

    I need something young, fun, social and laid back. And considering its only a 8 mile ride from my house. its ideal
  • No, but the Tea Rooms next to their shop in Seale sell fantastic cake...

    sold!
  • iampaulb wrote:
    And all you have to do is wear part of their kit on their rides.

    Thats what puts me off as A) it looks like a child has drawn it on an old shirt and B) its Pink!
  • not all kits are pink. look on their website. And there are different jerseys to the ones your talking about
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I find it amazing that F&C still exist - still appears to be the same riders as 20 years ago, and they were all nearing retirement then!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I find it amazing that F&C still exist - still appears to be the same riders as 20 years ago, and they were all nearing retirement then!

    I think you'll find membership has doubled in the last year or so.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

    Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • iampaulb wrote:
    i spoke to Henry this morning one of the guys at wyndymilla. I will be joining this club, from what he was telling me and the impression i get from their facebook, twitter etc. Its a fun, social and laid back club with a good split of riders. Also a split of 70/30 male / female so there will be eye candy too :D And all you have to do is wear part of their kit on their rides. Which i think is a small price to pay. From what he was saying, whether he was trying to sell it to me or not. That Farnborough & Camberley is pretty old skool, and compared it to a private golf club more than anything LOL! And being an old member of a private golf club, its not something i really want to experience again.

    I need something young, fun, social and laid back. And considering its only a 8 mile ride from my house. its ideal

    Thanks for the info Paul, sounds very good, and less 'traditional' and more 'modern' as you say than F&C CC so gonna have one hell of a decision on my hands when I get my average speed up!
  • Wyndy Milla! Woop!

    After speaking to Henry the owner, it seems like wyndymilla is more about social side or cycling. Merton new people, riding different routes and sharing something you have in common. Everything well 90% is organised via their Facebook page, so check that out. Farnborough just seems to be well the impression I get from their site and others is its like you say traditional and quiet strict and like one person said old!

    You don't need your average speed up mate, Henry said there's 3 groups. So speed for everyone!
  • I just joined Farnborough CC seeing as its on my doorstep! Seem a friendly bunch ! I like the Wyndy Milla ethos and setup and fully intend to join them for rides when I get my road bike. they have some cool jerseys, I just picked up the black one with union jack colour logo and it looks great!

    Farnboro CC have a good schedule, regular weekly rides for novices like me and experienced riders, group riding, time trials, races etc etc. Age really doesnt matter if you enjoy riding and you get something from it :D