To the Lad I met whilst waiting for the sheep to cross ...

slowbike
slowbike Posts: 8,498
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
yup - had to wait for a flock of sheep to cross the road - that's a first for me!

Anyway - I have no idea of your normal pace - so may have got this all wrong - don't worry! :)

Don't feel you need to bust a gut to tow someone along - just because I invited you to push off first didn't mean that you have to play the lead-out man ... it was some pace you were putting in!
I would've happily taken the lead earlier and for longer if I knew you were struggling to sustain the pace :)

Of course, you may have been on the back of an epic ride and I was just on the tail of my commute - or that may be your normal pace - no idea - if you do read this - don't take it the wrong way - just seemed like you were busting a gut for my benefit ... ;)

ps - nice Cube bike & Sky top ;)

Comments

• Slowbike wrote:
    yup - had to wait for a flock of sheep to cross the road - that's a first for me!

Anyway - I have no idea of your normal pace - so may have got this all wrong - don't worry! :)

Don't feel you need to bust a gut to tow someone along - just because I invited you to push off first didn't mean that you have to play the lead-out man ... it was some pace you were putting in!
    I would've happily taken the lead earlier and for longer if I knew you were struggling to sustain the pace :)

Of course, you may have been on the back of an epic ride and I was just on the tail of my commute - or that may be your normal pace - no idea - if you do read this - don't take it the wrong way - just seemed like you were busting a gut for my benefit ... ;)

ps - nice Cube bike & Sky top ;)

U mad you couldn't pass him? :wink:
  • slowbike
    Couldn't pass him? I dropped him, eased up and then dropped him again!! Not on purpose mind.
  • slowbike
    Sorry. Should clarify - tailed him for a bit - up a climb - took a turn - checked he was on my wheel (if not I wasn't worried but if he was happy to work for him in return) - hit a short incline - he dropped off - I eased up and he caught up - tailed for a bit then came past - hit another short incline and he was off the back again.
    Perhaps he can't climb?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    One cyclist is faster than another SHOCKER
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    And I hope you burned off those sheep!
  • slowbike
    mattshrops wrote:
    Nuthing to do with being faster/slower - as I said he could've been at the end of a long ride - it just seemed to me that he was busting a gut to tow me along - nice but he really didn't need too. I'd've happily ridden at a slower pace - like the rest of my ride.
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Mikey23 wrote:
    And I hope you burned off those sheep!

:lol:
  • Slowbike wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:
    I'd've happily ridden at a slower pace - like the rest of my ride.

Why didn't you just do that then :?
  • slowbike
    Slowbike wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

Wot? And miss out on a free tow?
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Slowbike wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

And as well as just doing your own thing and leaving the other alone, why bother mentioning it on here it serves no purpose other than it appears you are trying to big yourself up a bit
  • It sounds to me like the OP is quite butthurt. Why didn't you voice these thoughts to him when he was there, instead of scurrying to your pc when you got home and creating a thread that reeks of bitterness?
  • slowbike
    Jeeze u guys are miserable ain't ya?
  • mikeouk
    mikeouk Posts: 148
    :P sheep shouldnt be on the road, they dont pay car tax
  • Slowbike wrote:
    Jeeze u guys are miserable ain't ya?

Lol sorry I was just engaging in a little light trolling. Didn't mean it.