GF Felice Gimondi Accomodation?

Skon
Skon Posts: 16
Hi

I'm looking for some help, tips, or recommendations regarding the GF Felice Gimondi for next year. A group of us (10+) are planning to ride and I would appreciate any thoughts on accommodation. Is Bergamo the best place to stay? If not, where should we be looking? Either way, can anyone recommend a bike friendly hotel?

This year we rode the Nove Colli and used a hotel (Beau Soleil Cesenatico) that arranged the entry and transfers for us. If anyone knows of a hotel that does the same for the GF FG I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Apart from the accommodation question, I'd appreciate any other thoughts on this GF.

Thanks!

Comments

• 56mph
    56mph Posts: 70
    It's a great ride, fantastic Italian welcome, difficult but not impossible if you do the gran fondo route and you can switch to the medio fondo on the day if you don't feel up to it. I've done the Felice Gimondo a few times and we always stayed in the Hotel Excelsior San Marco in the centre of town- very bike friendly, they put a big conference room aside on the ground floor to store the bikes as they typically get a couple of dozen riders and also provide showers afterwards if you are flying back that night (Ryanair from Orio al Serio airport 2km by bus from the centre of town). Superb (but expensive) restaurant. Enjoy! :D
  • Skon
    Skon Posts: 16
    Thanks!