Ebay and Paypal transaction doesnt seem right...

rapid_donkey
rapid_donkey Posts: 448
edited October 2012 in The hub
I sold something that ended on eBay on Monday night.

The winning bidder has only just paid for the goods through paypal, and it is a foreign person from Leicester (nothing wrong with that by the way).
The winning bidder also only joined eBay on 4 August 2012, and only has 1 previous (positive) feedback, but it is private.

I worried a bit when they didnt pay straight away, but they have now.

In Paypal I transferred the funds to my bank account, and they have credited my bank account straight away. Normally it takes a few days for it to go through.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

I dont know why, I just get a dodgy feeling about it all.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you googled all the info you have for them?
    put their info into facebook?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Also forgot to mention that the name of the person I received the paypal payment from is not the same as the postal address name.
  • Did you get the money? What's the problem? Could be a business paypal account, which more than one person could have access to.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Just sounds like a n00b.

The person probably could it but didn't have a paypal account and has had to go an find someone willing to pay for it from their account if they give them cash.

Do the addresses match? If not, is there a problem with you posting to an unconfirmed address or a different address to the paypal/eBay address?
  • only ever post recorded to the address given in the paypal payment, that's all I have to say...
  • Did you get the money? What's the problem?
    Very much this. What the hell did you want to happen? To be ripped off?
  • deveng
    deveng Posts: 132
    They don't have to pay straight away...
    Wilier Izoard XP 105
    Saracen Zen 1
    SRAM/RaceFace 1x10
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Also forgot to mention that the name of the person I received the paypal payment from is not the same as the postal address name.
    Did the addresses match up even if the names did not? Not that that matters because they could easily specify a work/family/neighbour's address.
    Did the PP payment reference the item number so you can confirm it is for that item?
    If you are worried, just send an eBay message to the winner to query the delivery address.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Paypal transfers to bank accounts now go through in a couple of hours rather than the 3-4 days that they used to take.

You gots your moneys - they guy was just a noob.
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    Blates going to rob you of your kidneys.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Also forgot to mention that the name of the person I received the paypal payment from is not the same as the postal address name.

i use my gf's paypal account so it's not the same name if i was to buy something from you. it happens all the time.
  • if i ever get a "feeling" about an ebay transaction take photo's of the goods and send recorded delivery. it's worth suffering the cost as there are scammers about
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo