Froome and Wiggo on TdF stage 11

aspender
aspender Posts: 96
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Remember when Froome rode away from Wiggo on La Toussuire? A little insight from an unlikely source!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/top-ge ... 2012-08-12

Photo 9.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    To save people looking, there's a Photo on the TopGear site where they followed the TDF and underneath the photo (image isn't related to what's written) is the bit the OP is referring to:
    The last climb, and other riders are on the attack. In the turmoil, Sky rider Chris Froome mishears an instruction and zips off, leaving Wiggo stranded and struggling. The first we know about it is on the radio, but Sean's on it immediately: "Froomey, Froomey, I'm hoping you got the OK from Brad for that." No reply. "Wiggins en difficulté", chirps the race radio. "Froomey, Froomey, Bradley's hurting - get back." It's a tense few moments, the yellow jersey seeming briefly in jeopardy - as the TV has frozen, we're not even sure whether he's heard. On the press coverage later, with Brad safe in yellow for another day, everyone is asking what was said between rider and team manager. To have had the inside track is fascinating, listening to Sean call the shots, seeing the riders react, watching TeamSky dictate race pace. One of the best things I've ever done in a car, in fact. And I wasn't even driving.
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    Nice little article.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW