TransCambrian sportive

rookieroadie
rookieroadie Posts: 105
Anybody done this before,whats it like?

Ive entered it,the 88 mile route,not worried about the climbing side just wondering what the routes like in general?

Its on Sunday with the start and finish in Rhayader,Powys

Comments

• did it two years ago as it was cancelled last year. very hilly but quiet roads. probably my favourite sportive - nice route, fantastic scenery and well organised. hope it's not too windy Sunday as the climbs are hard enough without battling into the wind.
  • Best sportive ive done!
    Well organised,great route on good surfaced roads,hardly a pothole to be dodged.Scenery wouldve been stunning but spoilt by low cloud and drizzle.Well stocked feed stations with homemade cakes and a free hot meal at the finish too.

Made it over 6400 ft of climbing,hard going into strong headwinds and crosswinds but really enjoyable.Seemed to be well attended this year as well.

Give me that over the Cheshire Cat any day!
  • Glad you enjoyed it. it is a very well run sportive. thought the numbers were well down on last time I did it, but probably due to the weather - how can a headwind last for most of a circular route :? ? shame about the weather - the views are fantastic when you can see them - if you thought it was good this year, wait till you do it in decent weather :D