Pro Race but beginners question

ad_snow
ad_snow Posts: 469
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all,

Although I'm not that new to cycling, I am pretty new to watching the the various tours with more than just a casual interest.

Watching the highlights of ToB Stage 2, Cav was being led out by Luke Rowe before Cav got it a bit wrong and got stuck in a bunch.
When Rowe looked round and saw Cav wasn't in position - why didn't he try and get the stage win? From the TV angle it looked like he was in prime position and then just stopped pedalling waiting for Cav to storm past which didn't really happen..

Ready to be told how stupid I am :D

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Team orders!!!!!
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    And if you've done the lead out, not sure you'd have the legs to continue - you tend to sit up and swing off at a pre-determined distance/spot, so lots of momentum would have been lost before knowing Cav wasn't there.
  • Luke Rowe was leading out Cavendish, and so was effectively sprinting as if 200m to go was his finish line. At that point he would not have enough in the legs to continue the sprint any further.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    If you watched road to glory last night it seems that rowe is talented but young and inexperienced, in his first season with sky and still learning his job as a domestique.