OT: Texting abroad - problems

peat
peat Posts: 1,242
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Right - one for the techies. I wonder if anyone can help, not sure where to go?

Trying to text someone in France on a french number.

It didn't work until i plumbed in the region code of 0033.

That sends, no trouble. I get a reply, i try to reply back and it just bounces back immediately.

If i delete the messages and start a fresh composition, it will send. What gives?

I am using an HTC Desire (Android) on Vodafone.

Comments

• Possibly when the message come back, your phone codes it as +0033 (ie 00 0033). Try sending to +33 and see what happens.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you got the guy saved in your phone book with the correct (working) number? sometimes that makes a difference
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Sounds like some call forwarding is going on; i.e. person in France has a call forward to mobile or multiple devices/multiple sims on one registration.

Either way, it is probably not Vodafone.....
  • peat
    coriordan wrote:
    Have you got the guy saved in your phone book with the correct (working) number? sometimes that makes a difference

Who said it's a guy? :wink:

Ok, well something that may be of relevance then is that i noticed that when i go to compose a text and add the contact, i type in HER name and i get 3 options of numbers. By selecting the correct (current) one it sends.

So, i deleted the contact and started again to make sure that it was the only number available but it still comes up with these additional options. I don't understand where it would be storing them unless they are attached to her facebook profile or something that my phone is synched to?
  • My old desire hated having mulitple numbers saved agaisnt one contact,
    especially if I synced a phone/ facebook/ skype contact together.
    Nightmare texting HER in Veitnam.

I ended up creating multiple contacts, but even then it would try to be clever and balls up again...
    Fixed it now though (I've got an HTC One X!) :wink:
  • peat
    Ah ha. I shall change the name to differentiate it. Worth a go.

Cheers