Wedmehday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,896
edited September 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Feeling the effects of bugger all sleep and cider today.

Therefore today's interviewee better be interesting or I will fall asleep

That's about it

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

in early today after i got a phone call late last night by someone in work flapping that something wasn't working in one of the auditoriums. got in a 6am to find the guy who called me is a tw@t and i had to do the old trick of oooh..turn it off and then on again!!!!

but i've got not much else to do and i'll claim overtime anyway :lol:

no riding yet this week, to be honest i just cba :?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Meh. Got bugger all to do today. Might ride into London, got a few things to try and get. Other than that I don't know what to do. Spent yesterday evening drinking and disassembling the rest of a wheel which very quickly got to the point of "Sod this, have we got any bolt croppers?", quickly followed by heading out to the pub, then back again at closing for some COD and more drinking... I'm feeling wonderful this morning :roll:

Need to order new rim and spokes later. Need to order BB too. Might actually just go to an evans or somewhere while I'm in town though, as long as they're a reasonable price I'll grab one.

Laters
  • Morning Losers!
    Today I got a much needed lie in :D It's my uncles funeral at midday, and I'm driving people about, so I've got the whole day off work. Get to see my Irish cousins which is nice, shame I only see them when someone's died.

Later, well, who knows. I imagine I'll be with the family all day.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Morning mongs
    Off out & about today putting together costs for another 22 sites. Have egg sandwiches for lunch so that should pong the car out a bit, hopefully covering up the smell of damp terrier and horse s**t.
    Other than that f**k all.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Day three of a CBA week.

Yet more heavy rain today so no trails tonight. I'll need to get some decent lights sorted out as it is getting too dark in the evenings now. It'll be the gym after work anyway then home to some Piri Piri chicken that is marinating in the fridge as we speak.

Later……
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    mehning,

Serviced my forks last night, didn't realise quite how bad they had got, no oil in the lowers :shock: still they are all buttery smooth again now. Just waiting for a few bits to turn up from chain reaction, i'm really hoping that they get here today so I get a chance to fit the stuff, ride and check everything before Kielder.

Coffee time
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Feckers.
    Last night was a nice ride with my brother, more chatting than actual riding. The local trails are actually puddle free for the first time this year! but by god are they bumpy!
    Today i have a wasted trip up to Clacton, then drive back again, so loud music and Coffee will be in order.
    Still looking at new bikes, i think i have narrowed it down to a Canyon Nerve or a YT wicked 150 Ltd? Anywhoo thats a few months off and a holiday to pay for first.

Onwards to pointless road trips!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Off to work and finish up at Canton later so it means I can drive in following yesterdays bike fail. Rode in, my front lamp was rattling around turns out the bracket had developed a stress in it and it duly snapped off going over a rough patch of tarmac. On way back the lens cover on teh back light managed to work loose spilling the batterys and leaving me with no rear light either, then 3 streets from mine the pedal came away from its axle.

I then got up this morning to fix Amy up following her gear indecisiveness (shes now sorted, turned out my mech spring way knackered) to go into the shed to find that some crackhead had been in my garden and pinched the frame I had leftfrom Bender which I'd been getting round to sell. Unless its foxc been getting revenge and wanted something of mine to cuddle up to to help her sleep lol ;)

All in all not been the greatest of ends to yesterday/starts to today, but hey.

Good news is I have riding to look forwadr to tommorrow

Tarrah

Edit - on positive news I've been named as arriva's first choice goalkeeper for the coming football season, I've not played 11 a aside for over ten years so it could be a
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning Losers!
    Today I got a much needed lie in :DIt's my uncles funeral at midday, and I'm driving people about, so I've got the whole day off work. Get to see my Irish cousins which is nice, shame I only see them when someone's died.

Later, well, who knows. I imagine I'll be with the family all day.

Laters!

Good luck with that, seems strange how many families only get together at funerals.

Another busy day in work today not helped by the fact that there's something afoot with my car. After some investigation turns out it's a common fault..................and cost's between £1400 and £2000 to fix. :shock:

I'm now looking for a new car.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    Afternoon Gimps,

I was tired this morning after last nights mess around down at Bedgebury trying out the new runs (not up to much tbh but at least they're trying).

Been up into London for today a free lunch with a some people I used to give business to in my last job (and who reckon i'll be dishing it out again in my next one). Now dossing and recovering from a little bit too much grog, so not a lot else on the cards today :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]