skull cap

davegore2005
davegore2005 Posts: 87
edited September 2012 in Commuting general
Have got everything for the coming winter apart from a skull cap, I can find lots of windproof ones online but no waterproof, does anyone know of any as my coat doesn't have a hood.

Ta for any help

Dave

Comments

• If you want water proof then you be better off with a shower proof cover for the helmet, don’t look as nice but more practical, plenty on the web.
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • I would guess that a waterproof cap would be horrible even if it claimed to be 'breathable' I use an Endura thermolite cap under my lid in the winter and even when wet it's still warm, like a roubaix fabric. I've given up with so called waterproof kit because frankly none of the stuff I've bought actually is. Apart from boil in the bag stuff that is :?
  • Not waterproof as such but still a nice warm cap...
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=59&ID=698
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • A waterproof skull cap is going to make all the sweat from your head drip down your face and the back of your neck. All you need is a barrier that mostly keeps the warmth from your head inside and the cold from the rain/sleet/snow on the outside. Don't worry about waterproof as your heads getting wet whatever the weather.

Windproof is what you want so that moisture (from within or without) evaporates from the surface of the clothing not your skin so you don't feel it cooling you down.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Thanks for the replies, Endura Thermolite ordered and hopefully on the way sometime soon

Dave