David Walsh Interview

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Very interesting chat on Talk Sport today (Keys & Gray) with David Walsh re Armstrong and doping. He certainly doesn't hold back I'll say that.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen ... sode/89319

Starts just after 11.15am.

Comments

• Excellent listening to David Walsh although Keys and Gray had the annoying habit of interrupting when things were getting good.I laughed out loud though when Gray was listing Armstrongs achievements " Beats cancer,comes back to the peloton,wins 7 Tours" and Keys butts in with "beautiful wife" in a pervy voice !!!!!! Leopards never change their spots it seems.
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Excellent listening to David Walsh although Keys and Gray had the annoying habit of interrupting when things were getting good.I laughed out loud though when Gray was listing Armstrongs achievements " Beats cancer,comes back to the peloton,wins 7 Tours" and Keys butts in with "beautiful wife" in a pervy voice !!!!!! Leopards never change their spots it seems.
    +1,
    great listening to Walsh,

Keys & Gray to**ers !
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Great interview - thanks for posting.

I particularly liked his comments about other journalists such as John Wilcockson and Rupert Guinness turning their backs on being "journalists". Damn right!

Quite an interesting article by Rupert Guinness last week on what happened in Liege... p*ss poor to be honest. If Walsh were a friend, you'd think he'd realise that Walsh is Irish! Anyhoo....

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/a-m ... 25jp5.html
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    All goes a bit wrong when he starts talking about tennis.

If they're tired then that's OK?
  • All goes a bit wrong when he starts talking about tennis.

If they're tired than that's OK?

Havent listened to the prog yet as I dont know if I can put up with those arses Keys and Gray.

A lot of people know that tennis has a doping problem. Very interesting story about Serena Williams locking herself in the panic room in her home when testers turned up last year...The Williams sisters, Nadal etc are very very vocal in complaining about the iniquities of OOC testing and the ADAMS system and so on.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Great interview, but also very surprised by the tennis bit.
    exercise.png
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    All goes a bit wrong when he starts talking about tennis.

If they're tired then that's OK?
    Walsh is as compromised and complicit as the cycling journalists he criticises, just in different sports (particularly rugby and tennis).
    He also keeps demanding that Wiggins speak out, but as a senior journalist at News International has Walsh said anything about phone hacking? Of course not. After all he was not involved, it happened at a different 'team', it's ten years in the past, journalism has moved on, he just wants to get on with his job - he's exactly like Wiggins.

He did good work on Armstrong, but he seems to have used it to create an image for himself, which he may fully believe, while behaving in much the same way as those he criticises.
    Twitter: @RichN95