Urgent call for hive mind

vermin
vermin Posts: 1,739
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Chain just snapped. Bent front mech 90 degrees. Need cheapest online price for Shimano 105 chain, cassette and front mech for price match.

Comments

• vermin
    edited September 2012
    :arrow:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Must be Urgent. Posted it twice ;).
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    In case of real emergency it is better just to bite the bullet and pony up for what you can get.
    It is not a real emergency if you have the time to shop around.

Try Google shopping. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Merlin are often good for Shimano components. For extra cheap try Germany
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • your problems more likely to have been bent front mech followed by chain snap - a snapped chain normally just runs through the mechs. Check how tight the screws and cables were for next time.

Also - are you after band on, braze on, and what size?

PBK have dura ace chains 25quid

and crc have front mechs from 19.99
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • vermin
    Thanks chaps. I posted as I was walking to the bike shop with bike on shoulder and was just after suggestions I could ask the shop to price match. Never mind. Got the job done within the hour at Apex in Clapham, which was nice of them. Turns out they won't price-match anyway, which is fair enough. Back on the road now, with a significantly lighter wallet.
  • vermin
    your problems more likely to have been bent front mech followed by chain snap - a snapped chain normally just runs through the mechs. Check how tight the screws and cables were for next time.

Stamped on pedals, chain snapped and wrapped around crank and front mech; continued movement of crank bent the front mech around the seat tube. Nice.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    vermin wrote:
    Thanks chaps. I posted as I was walking to the bike shop with bike on shoulder and was just after suggestions I could ask the shop to price match. Never mind. Got the job done within the hour at Apex in Clapham, which was nice of them. Turns out they won't price-match anyway, which is fair enough. Back on the road now, with a significantly lighter wallet.

It's all about the weight savings.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/