cowbells

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited September 2012 in The cake stop
whats the general view on cowbells at stage races and track meets was just thinking as i found lots of posts about them at cx races but not much else

Comments

• I've got a fever, and the only prescription is... More cowbell!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Where do you buy them I can only find the ones for drum kits.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    My wife bought me a great big fecker the other week at a car boot sale. Listen out for it at the TOB KOM2 bit on Friday...I am doing marshalling so no one can have a go at me when I set it off and take out the first 4 riders with ear drum problems :)
  • You can get them for free,

If you can catch the damn cows in the Alps or Pyrenees, not that i,ve ever done that!
    Would make a good story behind it though..

might be a tad difficult getting back through customs at the airport though.

pull the udder one ...
  • Take a length of copper piping and cut it into four inch lengths.

Use copper end caps for that size of pipe and fill one end and drill a hole through the end cap and use that hole to screw the pipe section to a piece of wood. Fix a very short length of string to the inside of the pipe section at the hole with a small bolt tied to the end of the string so it clangs against the inside of the pipe.

Put four or five of these on the same piece of wood and shake like mad - sounds like a lighter tone cow bell.
  • Nah, thats tubular bells, i can tell you're a mike oldfield fan ...
  • Take a length of copper piping and cut it into four inch lengths.

Use copper end caps for that size of pipe and fill one end and drill a hole through the end cap and use that hole to screw the pipe section to a piece of wood. Fix a very short length of string to the inside of the pipe section at the hole with a small bolt tied to the end of the string so it clangs against the inside of the pipe.

Put four or five of these on the same piece of wood and shake like mad - sounds like a lighter tone cow bell.

Is this a diy wind chime?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4