PINARELLO

WarlKicken
WarlKicken Posts: 224
edited September 2012 in Road general
Afternoon All,

...SO I've been saving for a while now and my SCOTT Speedster S40 is more than ready to be decommissioned to the commute run. I have been saving for a Pina and am thoroughly looking forward to picking one up.

Can I ask, do many other people on here have a Pinarello, when I ready through posts, threads etc, I never seem to see much mention of them, even though they appear to be up there with one of the best bikes about. I personally think I am settled on a ROKH, looks decent and I can afford that guy.

Just wondering is all.....

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You want www.dentistsbikeradar.co.uk :lol:

PS plenty of Pinarellos in the 'Your Bikes' forum.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • the bikes I see most on the road:

1. Specialized
    2. Pinarello
    3. Ribble.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    the bikes I see most on the road:

1. Trek
    2. Trek
    3. Trek
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    the bikes I see most on the road:

1. Trek
    2. Trek
    3. Trek

Made me laugh a little. I see a lot of Specialized and Boardman this way. By the way, you've the best name on here hands down. The amount of times I scream, in my head of course, for my legs to shut up when cycling is hilarious, if not slightly disturbing. GoodWork, keep it up.
  • Jens Voigt's catchphrase innit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2GXeHbsG40
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    edited September 2012
    The few Pinarellos I see round here to be Team Sky Dogma's (at least I hope they are)!

The Rokh is an excellent allround bike and rides very very well.
  • :mrgreen::mrgreen: Jealous
  • I've owned a Pinarello Prince since 2008 and bought an EPS equipped Dogma2 in May. Absolutely brilliant bikes.
  • NITR8s
    NITR8s Posts: 688
    I own a pinarello FPUno and I love it, everywhere I go I get admiring comments about my bike. Even though the FP uno is an aluminum frame with a carbon rearstay everyone is suprised when I tell them its an aluminum frame.
  • Ive being riding my pinarello fp5 for four years now still looks good and get alot of good comments about it.

Recently ive been seeing alot of cube and specialized bikes and of course the most produced bike ,trek.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I see these on the roads around here:

1. Boardmans
    2. Boardmans
    3. Carreras.

I've never seen a Pinarello in the flesh :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • I've got an FP2 and love it. I haven't seen another one on the roads where I ride and it gets a lot of interest from other cyclists. I quite like the uniqueness of it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    What I see in my club:
    1. Giant
    2. Cervalo
    3. Pinarello, Dolan, Specialized

Get it if you want it, but realise that you can probably do more with your money.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I think the Pinarello to go for is the Mamil

Round my way its

1. Specialized
    2. Cervelo
    3. Trek
    4. Pinarello
    5. Canondale

I think Ribble and Boardman are considered a bit BSO in Surrey.
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    declan1 wrote:

1. Boardmans
    2. Boardmans
    3. Carreras.

Got a big Halfords near you then? :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Looking at the bikes on our club rides people seem to have minds of their own! There's nothing particularly dominant - infact, I think only Ribbles noticeably number more than one.
    For example, we have an Orbea, a Colnago, a Planet X, a Cannondale, a Carrera, a Look, a Wilie, a Focus, a Bianchi and not much in the way of the default brands.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Leeuw wrote:
    declan1 wrote:

1. Boardmans
    2. Boardmans
    3. Carreras.

Got a big Halfords near you then? :wink:

Yeah :wink: there's not much of an interest in cycling up here anyway :cry:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • I've owned a Pinarello Prince since 2008 and bought an EPS equipped Dogma2 in May. Absolutely brilliant bikes.

are you a dentist? :lol:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

Yes!

No I'm not. I'm not a MAMIL either or a banker/lawyer (32). Actually used to have a Wilier (Mortirolo) before I bought the Prince and have had Focus (Variado) and Specialized (Allez) before that.

Back in 08 Pinarello's were fairly rare around London and the SE/SW where I ride, in fact I only saw one other when I did the Etape in 08. Obviously the SKY effect has kicked in massively and you see more around now, although I'm yet to see anyone on a BoB Dogma2. That doesn't detract from the fact that they are great bikes. I don't really understand where the whole dentist thing comes from, I think it's partially down to the British love of sneering.

Incidentally my Prince is 5 years old now and I've not had a single problem with it or the Chorus gruppo. The build quality is fantastic.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Well, I've got an pinarello prince frame (aluminium with carbon fork and seat stays), had it for maybe 7 or more years. When it was new and shiny with a custom paint job I got lots of admiring looks. Sadly over the years that has changed, maybe time for a respray, I've had no problems with the bike so wouldn't change it, and it has survived a number of crashes rather well.
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    I've owned a Pinarello Prince since 2008 and bought an EPS equipped Dogma2 in May. Absolutely brilliant bikes.

I don't really understand where the whole dentist thing comes from, I think it's partially down to the British love of sneering.

I would guess it's a lighthearted poke at how much dentist's earn. I reckon mine is on about £450 an hour judging by his charges and miniscule amount of time poking around in my mouth :D
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Boardman is the king round here it seems. I reckon half of Nottinghamshire's bike spend ends up in Chris's pocket. After that it's fairly evenly split between the others - Pinarello, Spesh, Trek and Giant.

Personally I want a Pinarello.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.