Pippo Banned

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited September 2012 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pozzato-handed-three-month-ban-from-coni

Labels it "a farce".

I agree, but I doubt for the same reasons. Derisory backdated bans don't sit well with me.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Farking farce....3 months ban (nowhere near enough), and back-dated giving him a whopping 7 days left to sit out :roll:
  • Farking farce....3 months ban (nowhere near enough), and back-dated giving him a whopping 7 days left to sit out :roll:

And he's still moaning.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I wonder what Boonen saw at his year at US Postal.
  • I read somewhere, and I forget where, that the italians had forgotten to put Ferrari on the list of people you can't do business with, so they couldn't ban him for longer because the lawyers would drive a horse and cart through it.
  • I read somewhere, and I forget where, that the italians had forgotten to put Ferrari on the list of people you can't do business with, so they couldn't ban him for longer because the lawyers would drive a horse and cart through it.

That's the situation, according to INRNG. Standard bungling apparently
  • Derisory backdated bans don't sit well with me.

It's effectively no punishment at all, isn't it?
    the italians had forgotten to put Ferrari on the list of people you can't do business with

One would hope they've sorted this now...

Edit: Inrng's view

Andy