Leg warmers

dami1193
dami1193 Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
I've got myself some great Mavic summer bibs which are really comfortable. In order to avoid using my sagging old full length winter tights I wondered if I could use leg warmers with my Mavics (which might be useful in the Autumn if I get too hot). But, I think my Mavics are quite thin.
Serious question - will I just end up with a cold backside as the temp drops (ie the parts the warmers won't cover!) - or can you get unpadded knicks that could go over the bibs/leg warmers? Or do I have to bite the bullet and just get some thermal bibs? It's not a question of doing the 'right thing', just want to know what my options are... Ta

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I've used knee warmers many times, and they're great when you've got a chilly start but you know it'll be warmer later, particularly when commuting. As for leg warmers, I've never used them meself - I tend to lean to full bib tights if it's getting that cold. I've got padded bib tights and non-padded - through the harshest winters I've used padded 3/4 bibs under roubaix non-padded bibtights, and ski socks to close the gap at the bottom... depends how cold it is!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Get some unpadded tights to wear over your Mavics...it can get a bit nippy 'round the Gentleman's unmentionables wearing thin bibs in winter.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!