Radon and Canyon Bikes

tjmckeown
tjmckeown Posts: 13
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm in the market for a new bike and having scoured these forums and a couple of others, I keep coming across Radon and Canyon bikes.
Now, looking at the specs, they seem ridiculously well specced compared to UK sourced bikes.
Other than the brakes being on the wrong side of the bars and obviously not being able to test ride one, any issues with buying? What are the delivery times like?

Anyone have one and can give me good or bad pointers?

Cheers!

Comments

• Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    The brakes won't necessarily be on the wrong side. There is a whole thread about Canyons
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920&hilit=canyon+bikes+thread
    I have absolutely no regrets about buying a Canyon
  • How could I miss a 26 page post..... :oops:

Thanks for the reply!
  • Look at Rose & YT bikes as well.
  • brakes will be on the correct side if you order Canyon from the English translated website.
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    kamil1891 wrote:
    brakes will be on the correct side if you order Canyon from the English translated website.

Not mine :|
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Jimx26 wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:
    brakes will be on the correct side if you order Canyon from the English translated website.

Everyone's brakes will be on the correct side except for Jimx26's!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    poppit wrote:
    Jimx26 wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

There's always one isn't there!
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Apart from not being able to ride one there's no real downside to Canyon - they get delivered so that you can be ready to ride in about 30 mins - all in GB stylee. They have a 'fitting' page on their website for sizes but I just compared it to the bike I already had and worked out which size came the closest.
  • Ordered a Radon team 6 (2012 model) last week and the e-mail says 4-7 working days for the bike to be built plus delivery, which I think is about 3 days going by some other posts. Did look at the Canyon yellowstone 5 but the Radon team 6 looks to be better vfm with a higher spec fork (Reba over a recon silver ) @£650 delivered.

Rang up bike-discount for advice on sizing using one of those "cheap calls to germany" phone numbers, 1p a min. Got some excellent advice and they speak english as well.
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    poppit wrote:
    Jimx26 wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

That's better :wink:
  • I went to a Radon team 7.0, excellent bike for the money. IMO you get slightly more bang for your buck choosing the Radon but I would say that Canyons are better looking if thats what floats your boat.
  • poppit wrote:
    Jimx26 wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

...and now I hope mine will be on the right side when I receive my Canyon today! :D

Yes, no exception this time too :D breaks are fine and the bike looks brilliant !! :D
  • My team 6 arrived today although didn't know it was coming as I should of recieved an email to say DHL had picked it up from their shop. Luckily my next door neighbour was in so it was waiting for me when I got back from work. Took 6 days in total to get here after ordering which is good going.

Only negative so far is the brakes are the wrong way round, need to visit one of the LBS to get a lid and some gloves so might ask them to switch the hoses over. Bike looks very sexy in the flesh though, the pictures don't do it justice. Frame is anodized as well, like the Canyon's. Need to get hold of an 8mm allen key for my Superstar nano through pin pedals and I can't belive I am saying this but read TFM to set up the fork (Reba).