Strava site down?!?

agg25
agg25 Posts: 619
edited September 2012 in MTB general
What's goin on, don't think it's just me...I'm sure I broke a few PB's on the way home, let me upload Straaaavaaaaaa!!!
Already getting cold sweats and shivers...

Comments

• Yep i got a problem today, one of my segments said 0.00 miles
  • yeah I cant get on the website at all
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    My mate Hayden said it's down for him, it's fine for me.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    Tell a lie, it isn't working for me now either.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • agg25
    OK for me now, I shall get out of the foetal position.
  • agg25
    Shit I tell a lie, got to the login screen but crashed after that. Back down I go sucking my thumb whilst smothering myself in peanut butter.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent, now maybe people will just ride instead of acting all anal about it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    cooldad wrote:

This, Strava users are all closet Lycra sniffers who shave there legs
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • ilovedirt
    I quite like using strava when I'm riding solo, it at least gives me something to aim for. Good for finding new bits of singletrack etc that I didn't know existed as well, and keeping track of milage etc.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • It seems Anonymous have taken out GoDaddy domain hosting, who supply Strava with DNS (turning strava.com into e.g. 111.111.111.111):

https://twitter.com/AnonOpsLegion/statu ... 6187443200

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godadd ... -of-sites/

Strava maybe need to look at distributing their DNS among multiple providers (or a better one)...
  • agg25
    cooldad wrote:

That's funny because when I started using it I really started acting anal....yeah
  • ilovedirt
    cooldad wrote:

What's the point in riding about on roads if you aren't interested in how many miles you have done or your average speed? Seriously, the only things that make long rides fun for me are the fast bits and the satisfaction of doing lots of miles. Being a downhiller I just use my other bike for messing about on and doing exercise, it's good to know how I can improve and what bits I need to work on.

And yeah, I'm the Hayden that ilovedirt said about, still not working for me.
    Are you stalking me? Nice to know someone else gets as bored as I do...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

What's the point in riding about on roads if you aren't interested in how many miles you have done or your average speed? Seriously, the only things that make long rides fun for me are the fast bits and the satisfaction of doing lots of miles. Being a downhiller I just use my other bike for messing about on and doing exercise, it's good to know how I can improve and what bits I need to work on.

And yeah, I'm the Hayden that ilovedirt said about, still not working for me.
    I don't ride on roads (unless it's to link up some singletrack), I don't care how far I've ridden, I don't care how fast I've ridden it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    haha, yeah i was, aaaaaages ago
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cooldad
    Not at all, when I'm buggered I've done enough and go home. I ride for fun.
    I have no issue with people wanting to get fit etc, it's just every ride turns into a synchronise smartphones type thing.
    I did try something similar a few years back but never remembered to turn it on at the beginning. Senility maybe.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    We do. On a really hot ride a few weeks ago according to Strava we did about seven miles in three hours, only one actually riding. Much rubbish was chatted.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • agg25
    Use Strava, don't use Strava, neither will make you "cool" even if you think you're going against a popular trend. Just ride how you like to ride and get on with it.
  • I get the impression that the folks that use strava, generally ride for quite different reasons to CD and others.
  • ilovedirt
    I ride for fun (the social side is a big part of it) but I like to keep fit when I'm not at university so I can enjoy my riding more when I'm there, and Strava makes riding alone a bit more interesting.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It just depends on your riding doesn't it frankly. Some people enjoy being competitive, whether alone or with friends, and some don't. Doesn't make either better.
  • ilovedirt
    That's pretty much it. I'm quite a competitive rider when I'm riding with friends anyway.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • agg25
    Maybe CD rides to get away from his missus.
  • I quite like Strava. I find myself using that instead of Endomondo these days.

I like to use it to improve my own fitness, but I have a laugh with a group of mates I don't normally get to ride with too trying to beat each others segments.

I find it gives me more of a push to crack on than endomondo ever did.
  • cooldad
    agg25 wrote:
    Maybe CD rides to get away from his missus.
    I got rid of her a long time ago. As long as the body never turns up I'm fine.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools