Formula Brakes store

UncleMonty
UncleMonty Posts: 385
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just thought I'd give you a heads up on a good deal direct form Formula in Italy, I've just taken delivery of a set of 2010 RX brakes for 170 Euros (£139). These are £103 per set over at CRC right now (a limited offer lol), I got fed up of getting outbid on ebay for new sets so I thought I'd try direct.

The also have Oro, Mega & The One for sale too, I like a bargain so I'm well pleased.

P1030299.jpg

P1030301.jpg

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Aye they always have them on there, I got my set of Megas last year for about £170 off them.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Yep, had 3 sets of Oros from them in the last couple of years. Merlin occasionally come close with some offers.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Brilliant deal :D

I love Formula brakes (I use K24 Oro's on everything!) 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I got some K18s fairly cheap from them when I built the 456.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Are they supplied the "correct" way for UK riding?
  • ilovedirt
    The levers can be run either way up, so yeah.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Yup make a pount re my thread on component prices. Just got this years retail box of slx 3 ring crankset for 94 quid from discountbike.de. To go with my £300 revelation rtl maxle forks and been waiting for slx brake but may go for these have oros on my vertex 50. Nice brakes.

Why cheaper elsewhere. Crc say they are the largest so how about using their size to get good deals from manufacturers like the europeans do.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Just got this years retail box of slx 3 ring crankset for 94 quid from discountbike.de.

Would it not have been better to buy the whole SLX crankset and then sell the Arm's & BB ?
    £109 on CRC - not sure if they are this years though

Edit, ahh ar first I read this as just the 3 x rings, £94 is a good buy - does that inc postage ?
  • ilovedirt
    UncleMonty wrote:
    Just got this years retail box of slx 3 ring crankset for 94 quid from discountbike.de.

Would it not have been better to buy the whole SLX crankset and then sell the Arm's & BB ?
    £109 on CRC - not sure if they are this years though

Edit, ahh ar first I read this as just the 3 x rings, £94 is a good buy - does that inc postage ?
    Fail, he obviously meant the whole crankset.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5