Talansky Interview

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited October 2017 in Pro race
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/09/news/talansky-on-vuelta-wiggins-and-calling-out-andy-jacques-maynes_238114/1

From Velonews, 3 pager and pretty good. His stuff on Wiggins and naysayers on Twitter is pretty forthright.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/09/news/talansky-on-vuelta-wiggins-and-calling-out-andy-jacques-maynes_238114/1

From Velonews, 3 pager and pretty good. His stuff on Wiggins and naysayers on Twitter is pretty forthright.
    Thanks for the link. Forthright indeed.
  • Talansky continues to impress me, on and off the bike. Excellent stuff.
  • yup, good interview, he seems like a bright bloke too.

Doesnt mean hes not doping though. :D
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    VN: What are you impressions after racing alongside Contador?
    AT: I have never done a race with him before. It was pretty cool to see. He commands a lot of respect in the bunch. It’s been interesting this season, because I’ve raced with Wiggins this year as well. When Wiggins is on the bike, he looks intimidating. He looks like a metronome, he’s so calm and in control. That’s how he won the Tour. With Alberto, you can see the way he rides with such passion. The way he attacks is like no one else. He’s got an instinct for the race. He’s a real bike racer. It’s been pretty cool to see him, Valverde, (Joaquim) Rodríguez. Purito (Rodríguez) had one bad day at a bad time, but he rode an incredible Vuelta.

I think FF just fainted
  • yup, good interview, he seems like a bright bloke too.

Doesnt mean hes not doping though. :D

Oh you...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yeah and:

When [Contador] went, he was just blowing the peloton into pieces. He attacked like he was shot out of a cannon. There was nothing anyone could do.

Just confirming what I know. Heavyweight racer. Racer not rider.

Glad Talansky did well over three weeks - promising. Was looking out for him every stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Yeah and:

When [Contador] went, he was just blowing the peloton into pieces. He attacked like he was shot out of a cannon. There was nothing anyone could do.

Just confirming what I know. Heavyweight racer. Racer not rider.

Glad Talansky did well over three weeks - promising. Was looking out for him every stage.

Frenchie, don't ever take part in "Just a Minute" on Radio 4, you'd be hopeless.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • It's gone down in the Clinic, like sheep's doppings in a salad. :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • It's gone down in the Clinic, like sheep's doppings in a salad. :lol:

What's riling the Clinic the most? Saying that Wiggo and Sky are clean, or praising Contador to the high heavens?
  • And does the Clinic already have a Talansky-is-dirty thread, or does that get started now? :roll:
  • You do wonder why these people watch cycling... what do they get out of it?

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    You do wonder why these people watch cycling... what do they get out of it?

Given the likelihood of a cyclist doping over the last 20 years or so, probably massive and constant "told you so" highs.

Only, the need to keep upping the stakes as everyone else gets used to the scandal.
  • And does the Clinic already have a Talansky-is-dirty thread, or does that get started now? :roll:
    They'll be quickly back tracking on the: "Who in the Vuelta Top 10 is Clean?" thread.
    He was the only guy getting the collective stamp of approval.
    A lot can change over there in an hour, never mind a day. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
    They'll be quickly back tracking on the: "Who in the Vuelta Top 10 is Clean?" thread.
    He was the only guy getting the collective stamp of approval.
    A lot can change over there in an hour, never mind a day. :wink:

As I've said before I cant go over there for fear of losing my sanity so I'll trust to you guys on this :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There's nothing that The Clinic hates more than the idea that clean cyclists can win. They're only interested in gossip (however daft) and maintaining a misplaced sense of superiority.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yes, a good one. Nice to hear someone saying something positive
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Someone has a bit of a crush on Sky.

Interesting to hear him say Wiggins is intimidating on the bike. That's what it has looked like this year, and it's certainly a change from the Wiggins of old.

A lot of of the young Americans seem like thoroughly decent chaps.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Honestly, other than "all Sky riders are dirty cheats" is there anything a rider could say that would satisfy the clinic?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Quote: "The riders in the peloton are changing. There is no tolerance for doping now. People who do are outcasts. They are looked at differently. When guys come back, it’s not the same."

Really ?? AC and Valverde didn't exactly seem to be treated as outcasts to me unless I'm missing something
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Turfle wrote:
    Someone has a bit of a crush on Sky.

Between that and the fact that there was not a single mention how Garmin increasingly looks like the cycling version of the Priory, I wonder if this is Talansky submitting his CV to Sky?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Doesn't Vaughters give everyone he signs a talk about his own experiences?

I cna't honestly believe you can ride on a team with Zabriskie, VDV, Millar, Dekker, Danielson and not know what was in their past, especially given what's been going on the last few months.

Vaughters keeps touting Talansky as his future GC man, so why would he go to sky to be pain train fodder for Wiggins/Froome?

@gietvangent
  • dsoutar wrote:
    Quote: "The riders in the peloton are changing. There is no tolerance for doping now. People who do are outcasts. They are looked at differently. When guys come back, it’s not the same."

Really ?? AC and Valverde didn't exactly seem to be treated as outcasts to me unless I'm missing something

Yeah, have to say that on re-reading it, that does jump out. Talansky saying this and then waxing lyrical about the wonders of Berties, does jar.
  • Doesn't Vaughters give everyone he signs a talk about his own experiences?

I cna't honestly believe you can ride on a team with Zabriskie, VDV, Millar, Dekker, Danielson and not know what was in their past, especially given what's been going on the last few months.

Vaughters keeps touting Talansky as his future GC man, so why would he go to sky to be pain train fodder for Wiggins/Froome?

Same reason that other promising riders have gone there....

Where's Rick with his dollar sign smilie?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • MOney would be the only reason I could fathom too. I don't think the revelation that he shares a bus with a bunch of fomer cheats will tip him over the edge, frankly. He must know that already.

@gietvangent
  • Andrew Talansky Retires aged 28.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Talansky unretired and moving into triathlon, Kona Ironman is the aim.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ31xNcgTJK/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    r0bh wrote:
    Talansky unretired and moving into triathlon, Kona Ironman is the aim.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ31xNcgTJK/

Poor guy.