Daily Mail/Evening Standard article

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Having written an article 2 years ago in the Daily Mail about how her mother had been run down, Petronella Wyatt's mother has been hit again! Twice in 1 month apparently... The woman sounds like a liability to herself...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/a ... 21009.html
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• She writes for the Mail when THAT is her mother's name? What if the readership knew?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • PS: it's a lazy article with way too much lifted from the 2010 Mail article.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Stop feeding the trolls and they may not be allowed to continue to write their drivel, or publish it.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee wrote:
    Stop feeding the trolls and they may not be allowed to continue to write their drivel, or publish it.

Yes, it is essentially trolling in an "official" form....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    The Transport Research Laboratory, in conjunction with the police, has established that half of all collisions between bikes and cars are the fault of the cyclist.

so half are the fault of the cars then I take it. :? what a quality article from a quality rag. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    As I said over in road:
    Bizarre.

Some kind of weird menopausal angst ridden logic that I can't really follow.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Her mother Veronica Banszky Von Ambroz,

Secret identity uncovered, perhaps?!

Didn't 'Petty' used to be humping Boris Johnson? Could that be why she doesn't like cyclists?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:

Didn't 'Petty' used to be humping Boris Johnson? Could that be why she doesn't like cyclists?

Perhaps she just didn't fancy 'helmet hair' :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • bails87 wrote:

Perhaps she just didn't fancy 'helmet hair' :shock:

Better helmet hair than helmet breath.
  • I saw that rehashed nonsense too. Surely it must have been a mistake - it was too close to the "original" article from a couple of years ago.

I can only imagine the discussions at the Standard ... the editor says it's been a while since they've had something on Boris Bikes and, in the confusion, they end up getting Petronella Wyatt to regurgitate an old load of balls.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • If my mum was thick enough to step out into the road and get hit by a bike twice, I'd slap her.
  • My DM reading colleague came to me today for advice on bike racks and good places to take his kids riding. There is hope for him yet!

*ps where did my post about Petronella Wyatt's repellant thingy anagram go?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Its amazing that you can string so many letters together without actually conveying any information about what actually happened (e.g. was she hit whilst on the pavement or whilst meandering amongst rush hour traffic).

This article is like junk DNA buried deep within the genome of a banana.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    If my mum was thick enough to step out into the road and get hit by a bike twice, I'd slap her.

It's our job as cyclists (and motorists) not to strike pedestrians, cyclists or motor vehicles no matter how stupid they are...
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Decent bit of writing in that article though "it’s time we put a spoke in their wheels.”.. What a pun!