Weeks that change your life.....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
So,

This could be a life changing week;

Wife has been sick most mornings and the 'test' says yay!.......bugger.
Waiting on a decision on 2 jobs, this week, both of them relocating to other countries.
Car has been sold on Sunday
Freezer broke down and wee'd all over the pantry floor.

Anyone else had a week were your whole world could change from this point onwards?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Congratulations
    Good luck
    Well done. Want to buy a nice Alfa?
    D'oh!

Not had that much in the same week. Hope it all works out well.
  • gtvlusso
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Congratulations
    Good luck
    Well done. Want to buy a nice Alfa?
    D'oh!

Not had that much in the same week. Hope it all works out well.

We got a Honda CRV....As much as I would love another Alfa, it would be instantly wrecked by junior.....

A whole load of stuff has been accumulating to a point and this is now crunch week......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Of course, but I tend not to chain significant things up into one week. Too much drama for one man to take. Makes my life feel like Eastenders.

A BIG significant week for me was the week I moved in with Ms DDD and past my driving test - some several years ago.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The worst week of my life award?

Failing relationship with OH led to the inevitable conclusion and I moved on, taking all my stuff on the Monday night. Went in to work on the Wednesday and was made redundant. Cheers for that Brian. Friday found that the letting agents for my new temp flat had taken two month's rent instead of one, and wouldn't refund it until their bank statement confirmed the error. Other than that it was ok.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    gtvlusso wrote:
    So,

Waiting on a decision on 2 jobs, this week, both of them relocating to other countries.

Anyone else had a week were your whole world could change from this point onwards?

congrats buddy!

what is it with all the recent bikeradar bambinos?!

does cycling give you super swimmers? or maybe its just all the lycra an chamois?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    CiB wrote:

Failing relationship with OH led to the inevitable conclusion and I moved on, taking all my stuff on the Monday night. Went in to work on the Wednesday and was made redundant. Cheers for that Brian. Friday found that the letting agents for my new temp flat had taken two month's rent instead of one, and wouldn't refund it until their bank statement confirmed the error. Other than that it was ok.

Was that last week?!?! Ouch! :oops:

Sounds awful - don't you have children?
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • gtvlusso
    CiB wrote:

You win.....!

I am sorry to hear about that dude, but fook, that's a rough week!
  • Congrats gtvlusso!

Weeks that changed my life? Simple. In fact the minute that changed my life - when my wife came home and told me they'd found a lump in my son's pelvis. Nothing has been the same since - nor will it ever be.

PS - he's doing well BTW - latest 1-year post-chemo MRI and lung x-ray all clear
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    gtvlusso wrote:
    So,

Jesus, that's really bad!!! I mean, I HATE defrosted peas....
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    gtvlusso wrote:
    CiB wrote:

You win.....!

I am sorry to hear about that dude, but fook, that's a rough week!
    Yeah it was. It was over 20 years ago. I'm over it now. Sort of. :wink:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    gtvlusso wrote:
    A whole load of stuff has been accumulating to a point and...
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Wife has been sick most mornings and the 'test' says yay

:shock:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • gtvlusso
    Congrats gtvlusso!

Weeks that changed my life? Simple. In fact the minute that changed my life - when my wife came home and told me they'd found a lump in my son's pelvis. Nothing has been the same since - nor will it ever be.

PS - he's doing well BTW - latest 1-year post-chemo MRI and lung x-ray all clear

Great news! How are you all coping/going forward? I think my news is somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things!
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Great news! How are you all coping/going forward? I think my news is somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things!

No - your news is massive and (almost literally) life-affirming. Fantastic.

People often try to compare (usually by saying "it's obvious not as bad as what you've been through...") and I tell them that comparisons are pointless. Bad things are bad things and we should give support where it's needed. I've had the most fantastic support from people (you guys included) - that, too, is very life-affirming.

We're doing well. My daughter (older than Charlie) has done brilliantly in her Highers and can effectively choose where she want to go to university. Against the backdrop of Charlie's treatment, that's amazing. Hughie, my youngest, ran with the Olympic torch. Charlie himself is more determined than anyone I think I've ever met - he's never once used his cancer as an excuse either. I'm changed forever too - I now have a foolish belief that I can deal with anything. The truth is we can all deal with far more than we think possible and we really are only limited by ourselves.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH