Old lady hit by cyclist rant shock horror!!!

dondare
dondare Posts: 2,113
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Not wishing to downplay the severity of this but it smells like fish:

https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/2 ... 7562893312
This post contains traces of nuts.

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    May I suggest the installation of tea and kittens plug-in for your browser of choice? You can then avoid accidentally clicking on links that take you to the Daily Mail webs(h)ite? Even those that look like a rehash of a 2+ year-old column by the shop-lifting, ex-paramour hackette of BoJo.
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    DM reporter is a parody of the DM and unnervingly accurate in it's unabashed bad taste.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • There's probably more to it that the Daily Mail are reporting though ... typical one-sided sensationalist reporting.

I myself nearly took out a pensioner only a week or two ago, although that wouldn't have been my fault as she stepped of the pavement, without looking, right in front of me. Managed to slam the brakes on and stop, from 25-30mph (downhill), within about 2 inches of her. She did apologise for "not paying attention", but that wouldn't have helped either of us if I'd have been unable to stop.

Is it just me, or do pedestrians do this on a regular basis - they are so used to listening out for cars that if they hear nothing they assume its safe to cross, and just step off the pavement without looking. If I have to swerve to avoid them, I make a point of dinging the bell or shouting at them - hoping that they'll pay more attention in future.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I particularly like the fawning paragraph about Boris Johnson.

She neglects to mention that she's also had an affair with Boris Johnson.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • I myself nearly took out a pensioner only a week or two ago, although that wouldn't have been my fault as she was quite a looker for an old bird, and she had just won the lottery

FTFY

C_67_article_2091287_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

:wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem