hadleigh farm-olympics.

Scratch n soda
Scratch n soda Posts: 52
edited September 2012 in MTB general
Hi there,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the builders, and Olympic vulonteers of the hadleigh farm site. It was an awesome event and has definately left a legacy. The mountainbiking sport has benefited without a doubt.
I was wondering if anyone knows wether the course will be open to the public.. does anyone know of any specific day!?

Could I just turn up next weekend and ride!? Any info would be apreciated :)

Cheers jack.

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    The course is open to riders for a limited time, there's an application process and it's all a bit of a faff. You can't just turn up and ride. This may all have finished by now, I can't remember the deadlines and stuff, I looked and decided it wasn't worth it.

Then the course is being shut while modifications are made, they work on other stuff there and do any repairs. With regards to the olympic track I seem to remember someone involved in the whole thing posting on the EHMTB forum that they're adding chicken runs and stuff but not removing any of the decent features thankfully. Then it'll be opened again to the public, I can't remember when, or even if they've said when.
  • Last I read on an Internet article, they were saying early 2013 but I haven't seen anything official
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    We have registered to ride it, just waiting on dates next month to have a guided ride round.
    Glenn Horton runs the club that eventually will be running the track.
    Dear Sir

Thank you for your email expressing an interest in the guided rides on the Hadleigh Farm Olympic Mountain Bike track before the legacy adaptations are completed.

I have added your details on to our database for the group rides and when we have more information regarding the dates and times of these rides somebody will be in touch to book you a place.

If you would like to ride the course as a group, please let me know how many of you there would be riding.

In the mean time I suggest you keep an eye on our website: http://www.essexlegacy.org/ for any information regarding tours and other events at Hadleigh Farm.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards
    Jasmine Carswell
    Business & Administration Support Apprentice For Sports Delivery & 2012 Legacy Team
    Sports Delivery and 2012 Legacy Team
    Strategic Services
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty