Low profile stem?

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can you get a stem that would safely fit 25mm length of steerer tube above the headset? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Toddy

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The trials (aka BMX) type stems have very low stacks heights of that sort of size, otherwise most I've measured are around the 40mm mark.

Example
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271044608856? ... 1562.l2649 Unsold so may still be available if you ask the seller on ebay (or you could PM me on here - ahem)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks mate but need it to fit 31.8mm bars. Will look into the BMX ones, have found a few that have 30mm and even 25mm stack heights but just can't find where to buy them.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    What length do you need. The shortest stack ones I can think of also happen to be very short length-wise, which might not be what you're looking for.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I just got a Ragley Stubbing stem and it has a stack of 30mm and they cheap at CRC. It might just work with 25mm of steerer.
  • Thanks Peter, just been measuring and will get away with a 30mm stack. CRC here I come.

Cheers,

Toddy

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive