Pro Cyclist skills

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Which Pro Cyclist skill do you admire the most?

For me, it's those superfast descents.

Having crashed on downhills in Italy and France, since then I've been a wuss at doing that thing, fast. Going uphill, great, love it. Downhill, lost my nerve.

How's about you?

Comments

• mugs
    mugs Posts: 46
    Bunnyhopping roundabouts and kerbs and suchlike, often when lent over and going at speeds I can only dream of. That and Sagan wheelies.
  • Bunnyhopping World Champions who happen to be on the deck in front of you. Would love to be able to do that, but I can't even find a national champion to practice on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Watching Sagan, Il Falco or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRSFUnclJGQ descending is always quite enjoyable and something important to be good at. Doping won't make you do that. Watch that turn over the bridge. Ridiculous.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    panacheb.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I love that graph.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    This always looks so dangerous. Two of the best bike handlers in the peloton.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Milton50 wrote:
    This always looks so dangerous. Two of the best bike handlers in the peloton.

That looks fast... but I'm more impressed that someone managed to watch something on cycling.tv, let alone upload it.
  • I had the good luck to ride the last 60km of the last stage of the 2007 TOB course ( a couple of hours ahead of the race) with some guys from the Plowman Craven team. Gordon Macauley was riding with us and we were doing a fair lick as we came onto a road that had a row of cones spaced about 4m apart along the edge. Without a change in speed he rode along side them and flicked the back wheel and hit and skittled each one as he passed them. He didn't miss one or seemingly lose any momentum.

Up until that point I thought being a pro was all about being fit and riding fast. I couldn't have been more wrong.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition