First road bike

lennyd79
lennyd79 Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi

I had been thinking about purchasing a road bike for a couple of years now. I have a mtb which gets a lot of use off and on road hence the reason why I have purchased a road bike. The bike is a Wilier La Triestina Xenon SE '12 from Edinburgh bicycle co op for £700.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/product ... enon-se-12

Basically it was a bit of an impulse buy although it's through the bws so I actually haven't picked the bike up yet so could cancel if it's a bad buy. I'm a mtb man so this is all new to me, the bike has campag xenon components which is their bottom of the range stuff but will this be good enough for my needs. Which is cycling to work and also doing some road rides on regular basis. Seems to be a good frame though!

Comments

• I had one of these a couple of years ago and loved it. I bought it as a winter bike but ended up using it all the time. When I bought it I also tried a Specialized Allez and CAAD 8, both with Tiagra. The Willier knocked spots off them. It is a stiff frame though - which I prefer - you may want to upgrade the seat post to a carbon one.
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc