Cycle computer

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited September 2012 in Road general
Hi guys,

Can anyone reccomended a good computer, I need cadence, mph, distance, heart rate all the usual really

Iv got a trek 3.5 so I want something that's compatible with that if possible

Tia
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• d4evr
    d4evr Posts: 293
    Garmin 500 with cadence sensor and hrm.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Garmin 500 from me too. Probably my best friend after my bike ...
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Garmin 500 from me too. Probably my best friend after my bike ...

Thanks guys

That's a lot of money for just a computer, why is it better than the rest?
  • I've just upgraded from an older wired Shimano Flightdeck to a new shiny Cateye V3, £108ish quid. Reasonably easy to install, (good videos on their website) and it does speed, cadence, HR, plus all the normal averages, max, miles, lap etc.. all on the same screen (although be careful if you are a little longsighted as some of the display figures are quite small!).
    It's wireless, but best of all the sensor for cadence and speed goes onto the rear chainstay and read off the back wheel, which means when I start using the Turbo Trainer over winter I'll get cadence and MPH (more as an incentive rather than a training aid) as well as HRM.
    You get everything in the box, including the heart rate monitor and strap.

Used it three times since installing it this week and think it's brilliant. The only thing missing is GPS, but I've got a smartphone should I need that, and it didn't seem worth spending out the extra to get a GPS unit.
  • d4evr wrote:

Ok looks good, is it compatible with Strava or do I have to carry my IPhone aswell?
  • Joeblack wrote:
    d4evr wrote:

Ok looks good, is it compatible with Strava or do I have to carry my IPhone aswell?
    Download the files from it -upload to strava. Instructions are in the box
  • Joeblack wrote:
    d4evr wrote:

Download the files from it -upload to strava. Instructions are in the box

Nice one, thanking you