LEJoG/JogLE let's do this properly

attica
attica Posts: 2,362
edited September 2012 in Tour & expedition
I recently took time out to go and meet up with a friend as he rode near me on his LeJoG ride. I have to say I was a bit shocked at his route. It was a planned ride and day two saw them travel from Okehampton to Bristol, almost exclusively along the A38. Poor chap was covered in road grime and I have to say looked somewhat broken by basically spending a day being buzzed by A'road traffic.

So it occurred to me that the BR hive mind of the forum could probably plan a far far better route keeping main roads to a minimum and yet getting from A to B without too many extra miles. So peeps. Does the LeJoG route pass near you? If so, how about you put your local knowledge to good use and plan a route that you would enjoy riding.

Hopefully between us we can create a repository that will one day be used beginning to end. Not sure which of the many mapping websites to suggest - therein lies a whole other debate. We may also need to liaise with those planning the previous and next segment so at first let's just go with an expression of interest and name your region.

For me, Somerset to Bristol
"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"