Stanmer Park Brighton - WARNING!!

Mccraque
Mccraque Posts: 819
edited September 2012 in Routes
Be careful if you're riding Stanmer Park....we were about to start the Buz Lightyear Segment (which is near the ditchling road, running to the left of the park, past the barn) when some chaps mentioned that they'd all flatted down there due to some idiots sticking broken glass on the trail.

Walked down and took a look. It's not just a dropped and broken bottle. Someone has taken the time to embed the glass in the trail over about a half mile section. :evil:

Absolute idiots out there. And given that it's a place where there's loads of dog walkers too....not only tyres but some poor dog's likely to cop it too. I tried to remove some of it but it's all been carefully dug in. And there is a lot.

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Wow, that's insane. Some people really are unbelievably brain-dead. I say castrate them so they are no longer part of the gene pool.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Fuced up society, with enough inbred cXXts. Go down there at night, catch the cXXts and make them take it out with there teeth!
  • Sounds like something to report to police and local council. One might do something the other might not. Or possibly neither of them will do anything. Take a shovel down yourself and resolve the issue. (as in wait for the perps, bash them over the head and bury them in a shallow grave)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    probably some ramblers saving the environment from evil bikers .
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • I've reported it to Brighton council now with a .jpg file showing the area impacted. Fingers crossed they can sort it out.

It's a weird one. It's quite remote part of the park so would be well out of the way for the local oiks - but someone has very definitely taken a lot of time to set out this trap.

I really don't understand the motivation or mentality of the people that did it.
  • Update: Contacted Brighton Council and they are sending rangers to take a look later today. Fingers crossed this should sort a lot of the issue.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i very much doubt i'll ever go to this place, but WOW, that sucks. what goes through peoples minds? :shock:
  • welshkev wrote:
    i very much doubt i'll ever go to this place, but WOW, that sucks. what goes through peoples minds? :shock:

A lot of whistling as the wind blows through their ears
    Ride my bike until I get home