Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited September 2012 in Pro race
20_perfil.png

IS there going to be a battle for podium places today? :?: :shock:

What does Contador have to do?

Stay on bike
Make sure Valverde doesn't take 1'52" off him and Rodriguez doesn't take 2'28"

Have I missed anything else?

(I'm assuming there are no attacks on the last day.)

Comments

• El gran dia! La Bola del Mundo!

just a shame about the weather -> Twitter is telling me that there had been heavy rain and black clouds surround the finish.

tumblr_m60xw161I81qdqcbg.jpg

I want Bertie to attack and win in style.. but realistically he's just going to try and match J-rod and Valverde
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Last chance saloon, so I am expecting attacks. even if JRod is going to settle for green, he's going to need some points over AV.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The dream scenario today would be Albertole to have a mechanical, and to be ridden past so it costs him the race.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Nice group 8 minutes up the road. JRod promising to attack on the penultimate climb.

Juan Jose Cobo Acebo (001) , Maxime Bouet (012) , Matteo Montaguti (016) , Carl Fredrik Wilhelm Kessiakoff (031) , Kevin SEELDRAEYERS (036) , Klaas Lodewyck (046) , David de la Fuente RASILLA ( 056) , Leonardo Fabio Duque (065) , Romain Sicard (076) , Thomas Peterson (098) , Mikhail Ignatyev (104) , Denis Menchov (106) , Denys Kostyuk (114) , Eros Capecchi (121) , Kevin De Weert ( 143) , Gert Steegmans (146) , Simon Clarke (152) , Tiago Machado (177) , Richie Porte (185) and Simon Geschke (197) .

Moreno, Anton and some others were in between, but I'm pretty sure they're back in the peloton.
  • Lichtblick
    Peleton reaches feed zone. Rain on camera lenses. Soigneurs wearing rainproofs.
  • Lichtblick
    Contador's just put a rainjacket on, since it's white it's now near impossible to identify him in overhead shots.
  • Lichtblick wrote:
    Contador's just put a rainjacket on, since it's white it's now near impossible to identify him in overhead shots.

it is possible.. he's the one wearing the white gilet.
  • Lichtblick
    Oh hi there. I like that photo you posted further up.
  • Lichtblick
    49km to go. The entire Euskaltel team at the front of the peleton.
    Breakaway have gone through first sprint
  • Lichtblick
    This is the wrong thread. There's another one on this stage.

Sorry.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Not sure if this is the right place but ... the run-out music that ITV4 used tonight bugged me - looked it up, Blue Boy, "Remember Me" but the version used was a cover - having searched I'm sure it is Tame Impala
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94qlBDqQ ... re=related
    Pretty funky.
  • tumblr_ma317pkso41qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Check out the guys left and right!

290-PIC307436213.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Nice article on Pez about the stage: http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fulls ... est%20News

Kreder, last man up:
    vuelta12-st20-eh-kreder.jpg