Just ate a Pot Noodle....

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Chicken & Mushroom

Was alright actually.

Probably should have stirred it a bit more - it had a certain gritty quality.

But all in all it was edible.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    pot noodle butties - loads of butter on fresh bread is the hangover cure of champions
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Yeah, you need to give it a while to soak in and I use less water than they say.

Oh, crap.

I just admitted to eating Pot Noodles didn't I?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I used to be partial to a pot noodle - not had one for about 10 years though.

Like KB says, their is an art. Not to much water.

Do they still give you the satchet of Soy Sauce?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    pot noodle butties - loads of butter on fresh bread is the hangover cure of champions
    +1 also in a pitta!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Is that what your menat to do with PN's, I opened one once, poured in boiling water, but still actually putting some of it in my mouth still seemed the least obvious thing to do........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    I've eaten pot noodles before. My main complaint about them is they seem to go straight through..
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I too have eaten pot noodles. I have no complaints about them, other than the taste, the texture, and the nutritional content.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bompington wrote:
    I too have eaten pot noodles. I have no complaints about them, other than the taste, the texture, and the nutritional content.

but besides all of that, they are cool though?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • bompington wrote:

Spilled some of the soy sauce too

That's not coming of the carpet, is it?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    jds_1981 wrote:
    I've eaten pot noodles before. My main complaint about them is they seem to go straight through..
    R U sure you're not confusing it with sweetcorn?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • t4tomo wrote:
    jds_1981 wrote:
    R U sure you're not confusing it with sweetcorn?

Most of them have dessicated sweetcorn in them.

I like the Bombay Bad Boy, not as hot as you'd think, but I feel a bit dodgy afterwards.

They really are the "Slag of all snacks" :P
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • Still at least your user name will be correct this afternoon
  • You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The feeling of shame post pot noodle is akin to the walk of shame, is it not?
  • The feeling of shame post pot noodle is akin to the walk of shame, is it not?

That's just wind.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    I have 5 pots of chicken & mushroom, best before April 2004, offers?
    Not sure why I have them or why I am keeping them.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Still don't understand why other fast food brands take that slant on their food, rather than trying to persuade us that it's healthy.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Supernoodles are my food of choice to carry on tours and into the mountains. Taste pretty good and have an outrageous amount of energy to weight ratio.

Pot Noodles suck.
  • I buy the Sainsburys basics Noodles. 10p a pack (or maybe 12p). Stupidly cheap way of getting the enerygy in your system.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I ate a Pot Noodle once. It may have been the worst thing I have ever eaten. If I wanted to repeat the experience I'd just use ordinary pasta and some muddy water from a puddle.

I don't see the point of Pot Noodles in a world where Supernoodles exist. Why invent food that tastes terrible when you can invent food that tastes nice?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    I don't see the point of Pot Noodles in a world where Supernoodles exist. Why invent food that tastes terrible when you can invent food that tastes nice?

The clue's in the name, it's the pot, super noodles are lovely, and incredibly cheap, but you have to get a pot, measure out the water, open the flavour sachet etc.

Pot Noodle, it's just rip/pour/eat.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Interesting factoid.

When Pot Noodles were launched and gained some market share of the hungry, drunk and or pressed for time consumer no loss of sales whatsoever were detected from any other solution to the hungry, drunk and or pressed for time consumer.

A genuinely new market was created. 'King genius!

Still, I'd rather eat my own toenails, but that's just me o'course.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rolf_f
    Big_Paul wrote:
    Pot Noodle, it's just rip/pour/eat/vomit.

Fixed that for you :wink:
  • When the whole panic came out about that Sudan-1 food colouring stuff, our local big outdoor market had a stall that sold just-out-of-date stuff, of course "beef and tomato" (suitable for vegetarians) Pot Noodles was on the list of foods to be avoided. The bloke on the stall had literally a couple of dozen cases of the things that wouldn't shift. I bought the lot for a tenner. :D They were literally floor to ceiling in the kitchen. :D

I know they changed the recipes in 2006 and they haven't tasted as good since, but they're still nicer than those "Nations Noodle" things. :)
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I've had a nice Pot Noodle. But I've never had a poodle, and I've never met a nice South African.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    In Korea they make an artificial dog flavour version called 'I can't believe it's not poodle'.

This is not true
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rolf_f
    Big_Paul wrote:
    I know they changed the recipes in 2006 and they haven't tasted as good since, but they're still nicer than those "Nations Noodle" things. :)

They've got worse since I ate one? :shock: I'd never have thought that was actually possible!