Dumb assed Neighbour.

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
Right folks... rant coming up in 3......2..........1...........

Why on earth are some people sooo f*cking stupid!!! Seriously, I genuienly fear for the future of the human race, as we being the only competitors in the human race, are definitely going to lose!

I live in a block of flats in a nice private scheme with a number of other blocks dotted around... the area is generally nice and is relatively quiet...

However.... I still wouldn't trust the people who live in the area as I don't know them! My girlfriend and I own a BMW 1 series. Its a nice car, 2 years old and its the sport model so has fancy alloys and all the jazz, yet still I find out that some pikey little f*cktard stole 2, yes TWO, not all 4 of the anodised metal valve caps that were on the alloys!!! suffice to say we now have black plastic ones on the car whilst some little sh*t is riding his apollo around with nice BMW valve caps.....

Even still, this is not the crux of the matter and my reason for ranting / posting here...

Some guy in the block opposite our front window has a nice looking Carerra Road Bike propped up against the lamppost. It's been there for a couple of days, then disappeared one day and reappeared the next day. Propped up against said lamptpost.
Now it's been there for 3 days... then one windy night I opened my curtains to find it lying on the grass next to said lamppost. Obviously it's not locked to the lamppost!! 3 days later it's still lying on the grass!!!
So either nobody gives a monkeys ass about, a) the fact its a Carerra or, b) the fact its a bike and nobody really wants it.

I have a bloody good mind to either nick it myself (but the frame is too small LOL), or simply play a trick on the owner by hiding it for a couple of days then putting it back there locked, with a note saying, "don't be so bloody stupid! If you want it unlocked come and see me!"

Honestly some people just don't care about their property. I would never dream of leaving my bike(s) outside for 10 minutes let alone 10 days unmonitored!

Rant over, thanks for listening! :D
It's been a while...

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Does it have anodised metal valve caps?
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Does it have anodised metal valve caps?

:D
  • Sounds like an alright area, in comparison within the last week someone has stolen one yes 1 plastic valve cap of my old focus. :p
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Valve caps are for noobs and they're against the rules (rule 60). He did you a favour.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Its only a BMW.
    Its only some valve caps.
    Its only a Carrera. Huisht... wait till the bee em gets torched ! Then come back to us with a proper rant.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The Carrera is probably nicked anyways.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    That's a he'll of a rant over nothing.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    A BMW with 2 black plastic valves caps !! I wouldn't be seen dead in that. 8)
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    So your valve caps fell off your car and your neighbours bike fell over in the wind?
  • And two anodised metal valve caps are more desirable than a nice looking Carerra Road Bike.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Nothing compared to some duck f**k who lives opposite us. The other day, he couldn't get into his car so he smashed the window then drove away leaving the glass all over the road. Twunt.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    At least your neighbour doesn't sing really loudly and bang stuff (presumably to wake her husband up, but who knows?) while your trying to sleep on a Saturday morning.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • eede
    eede Posts: 58
    Carrera's probably planted by the police with a tracker in it to catch bike thieves. Still be there in a 100 years.........
    Friend of Herne Hill Velodrome: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/
  • OP- you fear for the human race because a guy near you doesn't lock his bike ?

i fear for your sanity :?
  • eede wrote:
    Carrera's probably planted by the police with a tracker in it to catch bike thieves. Still be there in a 100 years.........
    That Tour De Francis pillock left it there and legged it when the angry mob came runnin' with pitchforks and pointy things.
  • pinno
    Herbsman wrote:
    At least your neighbour doesn't sing really loudly and bang stuff (presumably to wake her husband up, but who knows?) while your trying to sleep on a Saturday morning.

Can you possibly take a recording of said neighbour, speshly when she's 'banging stuff' - please ?
  • My next door neighbour is constantly doing charitable acts such as feeding the poor and tending the sick. I've a good mind to smash his door down ransack his house and put him in hopital as a bit of a wake up call as to what the world is really all about. That'll learn 'im.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Am I being thick or is this a post about nothing ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

tusk tusk dmc, it's comments like this that undermine the very purpose of Bottom Bracket.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

tusk tusk dmc, it's comments like this that undermine the very purpose of Bottom Bracket.

Sorry, my bad. Keep forgetting I am in BB now. Won't happen again........heehee. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

Its an insight into a thought process-- so yes
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Has anyone nicked the bike yet?
  • You're an owner of a BMW, nuff said.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • You're an owner of a BMW, nuff said.

Dont forget the shiny dust caps !

Its an insight into a thought process-- so yes

what ? yes Im thick or yes its about nothing ? :wink:
  • You may or may not be 'thick', but it is about nothing to my perception, others may differ :wink:
  • pinno
    ...it is about nothing to my perception, others may differ :wink:

No dissent from I. Then we can conclude that this thread is just another thread thats more or less about nothing but we all have one thing in common is that we wear lycra, shave our legs and ride bikes sometimes for masochistic reasons, sometimes for the hell of it.

See, you can trype a hole load of nothing about nothing really for no reason with nothing to show for it.
  • ethnomethodologists would get a thesis out of this type of stuff.

I don't shave my legs, but do wear lycra, and ride a bike for the pleasure and suffering it produces 8)
  • ...it is about nothing to my perception, others may differ :wink:

No dissent from I. Then we can conclude that this thread is just another thread thats more or less about nothing but we all have one thing in common is that we wear lycra, shave our legs and ride bikes sometimes for masochistic reasons, sometimes for the hell of it.

See, you can trype a hole load of nothing about nothing really for no reason with nothing to show for it.

but does the OP's neighbour ride the carrera while wearing team kit.
  • My next door neighbour is constantly doing charitable acts such as feeding the poor and tending the sick. I've a good mind to smash his door down ransack his house and put him in hopital as a bit of a wake up call as to what the world is really all about. That'll learn 'im.
    he probably also donates valve caps to the less fortunate who cant afford a BMW