Free to a good home

mattcroad
mattcroad Posts: 189
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
I have one well used strava segment KOM I wish for someone to take, and give the same level of love and care that I have given it over the past 5 months. Here are the details:-

CS7 Tooting Broadway to Tooting Bec

The reason it is free to a good home is that I am leaving the London commuters racetrack to move back to New Zealand in a week, so this is also a big goodbye to you all as tonight will be my last race*. It was a pleasure meeting a few of you, and even more pleasurable gaining the occasional scalp (pity I had to give most of them back though :oops:). Anyway, all the best for your SCR futures, and CS7 will be remembered fondly.

I will probably still randomly lurk on the forum and throw my two pence in whenever is isn't warranted or wanted.

*it was always a race, but I was never racing
There is a rule for that
FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Take it easy dude, remember just because you will now be doing the kiwi equivalent of SCR you can still drop back in here time to time to make us envious of the weather over there ( i have family in Christchurch)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Best of luck with the move, surprised we never crossed paths on CS7 given we were both there over the last year.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Good luck. Whereabouts in NZ? Fond memories of my few weeks there.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Back to Auckland, business centre of NZ and all that.

I don't think there is much SCR there at the moment, but Strava will be good with all the hills. Once my bike arrives I'll need to retrain myself to go up them. 8 years in London and i've become lazy and adjusted to the flat lands.

Duncan, I crossed you once around E&C to London Bridge (no chance to race with the traffic though), you had just got the new Condor with the *tarty* AC's.
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
  • dhope
    mattcroad wrote:
    Duncan, I crossed you once around E&C to London Bridge (no chance to race with the traffic though), you had just got the new Condor with the *tarty* AC's.
    Ah yes, I do remember, when we'd all bombed down CS7 with Danny and the guy on the Langster.
    Need to find some rapid folk on the Greenwich route. CyclingProp and Puffmw don't seem to have agreed on what time they're both on the road :roll: :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Hi Matt and bye Matt. We crossed paths yesterday when AlanSD1980 was riding his sewing machine. I was the cool dude in white shoes riding a celeste bianchi and you were on a white and lime green trek who spoke to Alan about 30 seconds after I had whilst riding thru clap ham, balsam and tooting. I was just about to introduce myself when you turned left into woodsummat road in tooting.
    FCN = 4
  • dhope wrote:
    mattcroad wrote:
    Ah yes, I do remember, when we'd all bombed down CS7 with Danny and the guy on the Langster.
    Need to find some rapid folk on the Greenwich route. CyclingProp and Puffmw don't seem to have agreed on what time they're both on the road :roll: :wink:

Name your time, young man. Name your time.

Best wishes for the move Matt
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    Hi Matt and bye Matt. We crossed paths yesterday when AlanSD1980 was riding his sewing machine. I was the cool dude in white shoes riding a celeste bianchi and you were on a white and lime green trek who spoke to Alan about 30 seconds after I had whilst riding thru clap ham, balsam and tooting. I was just about to introduce myself when you turned left into woodsummat road in tooting.

Cheers, it was weird riding home knowing it was the last one, especially with what amount of roadies coming through Balham / Tooting. It's good to see more people cycling down our way though, but I definitely wont miss the daily run down Tooting High Road.

Have fun everyone, and make sure dhope does get to many KOMs, his head might just explode :lol::lol::lol:
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
  • dhope
    mattcroad wrote:
    Have fun everyone, and make sure dhope does get to many KOMs, his head might just explode :lol::lol::lol:
    :P
    Following the move I'm in James Freeman and BigMat's territory now. No chance of any KOMs for a while :cry:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    mattcroad wrote:
    :P
    Following the move I'm in James Freeman and BigMat's territory now. No chance of any KOMs for a while :cry:

LOL. And those of us who will turn ourselves inside out to avoid getting beaten.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Where is it...

I left it here somewhere....

Poxy, bloody thing....

Bloodfire.... I'm breaking out into my Jamaican now, I must be angry...

Urgh...

Ah here it is...

gauntlet.jpg

:D
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sorry, I have actually read the OP. I saw

"CS7 Tooting Broadway to Tooting Bec"

After that I simply saw potential prey or decent competition. [dhope]
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

Except he's now back in the South East. So you might be looking for quite a while.
  • dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Except he's now back in the South East. So you might be looking for quite a while.

I dunno, I like your route home of west along Embankment, then east back, then down to SE. Might extend occasionally out to Tooting, back up CS7 then into Southeast. Just for the sport. It's what Mattcroad would have wanted
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I dunno, I like your route home of west along Embankment, then east back, then down to SE. Might extend occasionally out to Tooting, back up CS7 then into Southeast. Just for the sport. It's what Mattcroad would have wanted

I quite like the Putney run. And if there is the chance of more sport for my few remaining days then so be it. Apart from tonight as I'm at the iTunes festival.
  • dhope wrote:
    mattcroad wrote:

I head down Deptford Church St and onto Creek Rd through Surrey Quays and left past Bermondsey Tube through to Fleet St via Southwark St between about 7.55 and 8.15ish... I've never been passed by anyone so keep up if you can! Occasionally I get a drafter for a few hundred metres but they usually drop off... What time are you out?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.