WD40???????

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited September 2012 in Road general
So.......

It's ok I'm only kidding I'm not about to start that debate :P

Actually I'm just wondering what provisions or measures everyone takes when they get home after a ride,

I'm talking about bike maintanece

One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• If it moves and it shouldn't cable tie it and if it doesn't move and it should wd40 it!
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    well if you said gt85....
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Joeblack wrote:
    Actually I'm just wondering what provisions or measures everyone takes when they get home after a ride,

Coffee machine on and pass the bike to the missus for a check and re-lube. Then I get a full body massage and rub down.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Navrig wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

Coffee machine on and pass the bike to the missus for a check and re-lube. Then I get a full body massage and rub down.

What? the coffee isn't ready as you pull into the drive?!

Anyway - back in the real world ....
  • Navrig wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

Coffee after a ride????? Tut tut :lol:

Do you lube after every ride then?
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • I normally lube before a ride
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • I commute daily on my bikes and rarely do anything after every ride. If the weather's crap it's the winter bike anyway (with hub gears and guards). If that gets really mucky (or I get caught out on the good weather bike) it's sprayed with (heavily diluted) virosol degreaser, wiped down and rinsed off with the hose.

At weekends I clean and lube the chain, check pressures and do a proper clean if necessary.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Joeblack wrote:
    Navrig wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

At a steady 28-30mph for two hours there isn't much lube left on the chain.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Navrig wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:
    Navrig wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

At a steady 28-30mph for two hours there isn't much lube left on the chain.

Use a more suitable lube then.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Sounds like a good idea to get the other half to lube up,we are still talking about chains{chains as in bike not the kind found in gentelmens publications}. :lol:
  • I love the smell of wd40 in the morning . :D
  • WD40 = Old Cars
    GT85 = Fast Bikes

Nuff said :mrgreen:
    Simon
  • I normal tell the missus to get the lube out when I go out cycling ready for when I get back, then I'll have a look at the bike after...
  • Barrzy257 wrote:
    I normal tell the missus to get the lube out when I go out cycling ready for when I get back, then I'll have a look at the bike after...

Kerching Pow

Taxi for Barrzy :)
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    I tried lubing pre-ride but kept slipping off the saddle in the corners.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread