TdF riders who'd be good in a scrap?

13»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    hstiles wrote:

Schlek brothers. Frank would keep you busy and take a lot of the punishment whilst Andy snuck up behind

Are we still talking about a fight here?
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    hstiles wrote:

Schlek brothers. Frank would keep you busy and take a lot of the punishment whilst Andy snuck up behind

Are we still talking about a fight here?

They're a funny bunch those Luxembourgers
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    The Schlecks would be like a WWE tag team but when one was in trouble they'd get both men in the ring (I'm also picturing their mum wading in like at that boxing match a few years back).

I wouldn't trust Uran myself - he looks like a hitman for an 80's drug cartel. Even if you beat him he'd be back with a few mates to make you 'disappear'.

Kelly would be a stereotypical Irish psycho in a drunken brawl I reckon.

LA would cheat by using a weapon and then donate some money to the police when they bring him in for questioning to let them 'buy a new breathalyser'. He would also threaten all witnesses into dropping the case.
  • Pross wrote:

LA would cheat by using a weapon and then donate some money to the police when they bring him in for questioning to let them 'buy a new breathalyser'. He would also threaten all witnesses into dropping the case.

LA is the type of guy who smacks you in the mouth and shouts for help
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    edhornby wrote:
    Hinault is a caveman. He positively loves the brawling.

Hinault-Paris-NiceSmall.jpg

A face made to crush people

I reckon Fignon could smoke you Parisian style if you annoyed him

I love this photo too - I always thought that the guy with his arms raised looked like Seve Ballesteros ??

The guy in the middle looks like Gilbert......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • AndyRAC wrote:
    The guy in the middle looks like Gilbert......

Phil Anderson.

CT-CV-PhilAnderson.jpg
  • For the older Brits here, Nigel Dean took out a group of punks single handed when they annoyed him out training, you never argued with Nigel flipping fast bike rider as well. The stories he would tell of drunken nights whilst on winter training in the Canary Islands - terrible.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Cipo might be handy in a fight, looks like he'd really go for it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHUpmWPCMes

Didn't Robert Millar get a black belt in TKD?
  • To be fair there all kind of small
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    The God of Thunder. End of...
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • phil s wrote:
    The God of Thunder. End of...

But just not this year. He has a note from his Mum...
  • Abdoujaparov
    You might have had a response from a pro cyclist on Twitter, you may even have chatted to a 'journo', but ultimately, you still know nothing. You're not an insider, no matter how much you wish you are.
  • Vuelta95 wrote:
    Abdoujaparov

Definitely the Tashkent Terror.

Little bit bad, little bit mad, utterly fearless and entirely unpredictable. He's the Begbie of the peloton. Nobody wants to fight a nutter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I think you're all misunderestimating LA

Firstly you can bet he's going to bring a knife to a fist fight.

Secondly he will have a team of similarly tooled up henchmen.

Thirdly and most importantly he never knows when he's beat.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    I wouldn't trust Uran myself - he looks like a hitman for an 80's drug cartel. Even if you beat him he'd be back with a few mates to make you 'disappear'.
    Hmmm. That one's perhaps a touch inappropriate given his personal history.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    1948 Olympic Champion, Jose Beyaert, during his pro career he had a few run-ins with Gino Bartali's 'enforcers' as they didn't like him attacking during the Giro. When he finished his pro career he went to Columbia and was reputedly an enforcer for some of the first drug cartels and is alleged to have finished-off someone who crossed his path....
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..